Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need Help Picking Center Console Wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did a search but there’s not much on this. It seems all the brands for center console wrapping are using 3M 1080 so the materials seem the same.

So what brand do you recommend for the best OEM looking install?

Kenriko looks good but seems like you need to use a razor blade to do some cutting at the end?!

How does that compare to EV Wraps? The ratings are lower on Amazon?

I am pretty much between those two.

Abstract Ocean is trying to charge $40 for the same exact material that Kenriko and EV Wraps charge $30 for. Not going to waste $10.

Anyone can help me out please?

Kenriko kit is fantastic. The razor blade is for tucking and/or trimming loose ends. Due to how stretchy the material is, you might have slight overruns - ergo razor. Watch his videos before and during. It will take you awhile, but each one gets easier. Another bonus of his kit is that he provides two copies of the center wrap, as you will probably bungle the first one on the first try. I know I did. Second one gave me a huge amount of relief.

Reactions: El0n
I was thinking of this when looking at my Model X that has wood over the console, which I like.

It would be cool if someone came out with a wrap that matched the wood on the Dash. Possibly just matching the wood color.

I bet it might look pretty slick. Might be hard to make it not look fake.

P.S. I never wrapped my Model 3. The gloss looked slick to me and never scratched it after a year. And was not terribly hard to keep relatively clean.

I bought EV wraps from Amazon (link below) and very happy with them. Installation took me about 30 minutes and not too difficult.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MD9PFWB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_5181.jpg

I do have a white carbon fiber kit and although I love the look, I will say that due to the nature of the woven texture, it can be tricky to keep clean in certain situations. It can get stained. You wouldn't notice unless you are the owner, but after a year of use now I'd say I need to replace a piece because of that.

I had to buy through Abstract Ocean because Kenriko didn't offer WCF at the time I purchased it.

Tried Kenriko and EV Wraps.

Wanted white. Kenrikos was great, but I jumped the gun on stretching and didn't do the best razor blade work. He sent me new sheets for free. Highly recommend anything from him.

While waiting on the replacement sheets I gave EV wraps a try. Their Tesla White wrap is a little more glossy which I like, and I thought the installation was easier. Think I'm sticking with them for now but either way you can't go wrong.

Maxpider all the way. Had them in my Model 3, now in Volt and Model X.

They just seem to bring the whole interior up an notch. They are very different from traditional "Rubber Weather Mats".

Yeah, love the Maxpiders. Only problem I have with them is bits of gravel roll around on them and the sound drives me nuts. And they'll roll fore and aft in the car, which is even more annoying.

Yeah, love the Maxpiders. Only problem I have with them is bits of gravel roll around on them and the sound drives me nuts. And they'll roll fore and aft in the car, which is even more annoying.

I guess you're hitting the accelerator harder than me ;)

Or maybe foot wear can pick up larger stones. All I ever see on mine is sand.

I like how a quick portable vac touches them up between thorough cleaning. Which just doesn't work on traditional mats.