Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need help picking exterior color- Share pictures?(White, Obsidian, Midnight Silver, or Silver)

What color should I get with all the mentioned add ons?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need help picking an exterior color. I am being so indecisive! I plan to own the X for 10 years and I want something that will age well. I am in my late 30's and have two small children so it is a family vehicle. I would like it to have a nice conservative/executive look. I have never made a purchase this big and I just want to make sure I get it right. I plan on ordering a Model X 100D in a 6 seat configuration with a second row middle console and all black interior with carbon fiber trim. Thinking I had settled on white, I ordered matte black 20" TST wheels (20) from Tsportline. I think Im going to get a paint correction, PPF, and a paint coating so I always have a new car look(just in case this effects color choice). I have always driven grey vehicles and I really like grey vehicles. My wife has always driven white vehicles and really likes them. When I started shopping for a Model X I just knew I wanted a grey, then they gave me a loaner in black and I really liked it. I eventually settled on white bc I like how clean it looks and I like the contrast on the exterior and also on the dark interior Im going with. On the other hand, I find white to be a very boring choice at times and other times I feel like it is not very subtle. I am completely torn between white, black, silver, and midnight silver. As you can see, I aim driving myself mad and need help, please! I know this has been asked before but can you please share your pictures if you have a vehicle in these colors and let me know how you chose your color?

I agree with black car is very hard to keep the look unless you wash it every other day. I like midnight silver but it is almost the same exact color as the most popular Prius color.. grey metallic! I had a silver car before, after a few years, it started to look boring. I really really like white.. looks really good with tinted windows. It is a timeless color and the most popular color for Tesla... but my wife said no white.. deep blue. So we went with deep blue LOL. :D

Reactions: PrGrPa
I went with solid black X. Something about a clean black shiny car. Looks sharp. My wife currently has a multi coat red ModelS and we had the ceramic pro coat applied. It’s the gold package so it has 5 or 6 layers of clear coat on it. It’s guaranteed for the life of the ownership. So far it has made cleaning the car very easy. I’m definitely planning getting the ceramic pro on my black ModelX. Also I use the California duster daily which only takes about a minute or two to get the layer of dust off the car.

Basically you're going to get people responding with the color they personally chose for themselves. So, Midnight Silver here. No real rationale other than I like darker colors but can't deal with the visible hairline scratches that appear on black. And I love midnight silver with the black turbine wheels. If Tesla offered some bold colors, like burnt orange/copper, I would have chosen that. Luckily, the MX looks good in any color you choose, so you can't go wrong.

My S- P90D is Black Obsidian. I am trading to an P100 X. Was torn between B Ob and White on the website. Went to the showroom in Palo Alto to see both live and ordered the Silver. Just looked cleaner overall with the darker 20" wheels. The Midnight Silver lacks any uniqueness; looks like every other manufacturers shade, especially Toyota.

I find the paint on my deep blue MX a little soft as in it shows every scratch. Because of this, I decided my next Tesla will be silver. I would guess midnight silver would do well too, not so sure about black or white in regard to showing scratches.

my suggestion to you is white or silver
my first x was midnight silver. it was ok but too common of a color and didn't stand out.
2nd x is white. looks a lot better imo. stands out more and looks great with black wheels.
i've owned silver cars in the past and i found it to be the easiest color to maintain/hide scratches especially if you are going to have it for 10 yrs.

Whatever color you pick have it wrapped! I’ve learned over 3 years with my S that it shows every scratch, touch, etc. so my new one is being driven right from the SC to the wrap guy....

If you wrap it in Matte and you are doing black - don’t waste the $$$ on the upgraded paint (a lot of guys have made that mistake).

And, if you hate your color you can always have it wrapped in a new color - that happens regularly too...

• Informative
I'm in a similar choice battle on colors. Does anyone own or have pics of MX in Midnight Silver with 20" Sonic Carbon wheels? The pics on tesla website make all the colors look bland. Placing my order this week.
I saw one two days ago and it looks great!

I have owned two X's. One in Solid Black and my new one in Obsidian Black. My 3 is coming tomorrow in solid black so ill have a comparison.

IMG_0030.jpg
IMG_0034.jpg
IMG_0035.jpg
Here are a few picture of my midnight silver MX100D with 20" sonic carbon wheels as requested. I really like the paint wheel combo!

• Love
Reactions: ATC@LWSK