Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need help regarding new Premium Interior and Lighting Package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also hate the alcantara on the dash. It makes it look ultra mismatched and crappy to me, but it may not look like that to everyone else. I lucked out and got in before you had to have the alcantara materials in order to unlock other options (I have black leather with light colored textile roof). I wish Tesla would allow us to have a black textile roof interior option and no alcantara on the dash required in any build.

The interior lighting isn't that cool actually. I had it on my P85D loaner (I don't have it on my S85D) and it isn't impressive, unlike even in a C-class Mercedes.

There's a lot of personal preferences here being stated as facts. Here's my opinion, I have a Dec 2014 delivery S85 with premium interior, lighting package, and black alcantara headliner. The alcantara is on the dash also.

- the black alcanta gets frequent compliments, both on the dash and the headliner. One of the first things people do is rub their hands over the dash alcantara. It's probably the most complimented aspect of the interior after the screen.
- the interior lighting is nice and definitely premiums the interior
- I have black interior with black headliner and in no way does it feel like a cave...the whole ceiling is glass, there is nothing you could do to the interior of the pano optioned MS that could make it feel like a cave, unless your idea of a cave includes a panoramic view of the sky