Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need help understanding before calling Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay so my S90D is only 9 months old, on a 3 year lease, but I WANT a P100DL... (S or X haven't decided which one yet) I have never traded out of an existing lease before so I want to try to understand how this works with Tesla before I reach out to them...

I understand I'm going to get hit but I just want to know "how"... So could anyone who's went through this before with Tesla give me some guidance as to what I'm getting myself into here on this one? Anyone who has done this with other automakers is welcome to reply as well to help me gather my information before I even try to talk to Tesla...

Thanks,
Jeff

Tesla may be the starting point but potentially more influenced by your Lessor. I've seen several comments on TMC pertaining to attempts to exit their lease obligation and they were not favorable comments. Whether warranted or not, I can't recall, but I think they were having beefs with [US Bank?]. Hopefully one of them sees your post. Good luck.

Just an obvious statement that I thought may be helpful: Unless you have absolutely no concerns about money or suffer from a terminal illness, you might consider just staying with your lease until the three years are up. Can you imagine what the Model S (or X) will have to offer at that time? The mind boggles.