Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need Help With Buying a TPMS Sensor Looking For 13S & 15S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So first off I need to say my company is not a vendor on here so please refrain from posting the name online.

My job based in Orange County has been developing and manufacturing TPMS sensors for some time. Since most OE TPMS sensors come from the same manufacturers, we are developing sensors that can be compatible with a high number of vehicles sort of a universal setup that can work with various vehicles based on similar frequencies, etc. (sorry nerd moment) not only does this eliminate our customers from stocking various single applications sensors but makes it cheaper to buy since your not paying for the fancy boy and obligatory price gouge from the factory.

And if your asking why does this matter to us, well keep in mind that federal law requires every car after 2006 to be sold with TPMS and those little units have batteries that will eventually fail in an average of 7-10 years. Plus for you guys running different wheel/ tire setups it saves money over having to get your factory wheels dismounted , removing the sensors, etc...

Usually our R&D is pretty easy we buy a new sensor from the local dealership test it and determine if it can be compatible with other models, then test, etc...

That is until it came to buying Tesla sensors, first all parts require a VIN no if and or buts about it.

Obviously I can find a VIN# online but that is just not cool without asking the owners permission.

So If any local guy in SO Cal can provide me with a VIN for a 13 Model S and 15 Model S I would appreciate the help.

In exchange for the help I'll send you how about some new chrome or black lug nuts set.

Thanks Guys