Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need help with diagnosis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my car is a 2016 P90DL , it has about 29000 miles.

I have been having these weird issues and I think I know what the issue is, but I want to make sure.

issue #1 the door handles don't always present. (this used to work flawlessly)

issue #2 When I get in to drive, the display in front of me often takes 1 to 2 minutes to boot up and display something.

Issue #3 The maps sometimes has no content, if I switch the modes, it will finally update.

Issue #4 I have seen this twice and both times required a reboot, the power display in the dash was blank.

Issue #5 I know this has been fixed and broken many times via software updates, but my usb music often is not working / accessible . Before the last reboot I did, I removed it, rebooted then put it back in and I can get to the music. today when I got in my car to clean it, the music started, I shut all the doors and then opened them again, music displayed as playing with no sound, switched to radio, had sound, switched back to usb and it started playing again.

Issue #6 and the one that almost caused me a crease on my hood today. This is a new symptom in the last 2 weeks or so. After I washed and dried my car today I got in to pull it into the garage and because I pull in very close to the wall, I was watching the wall as I pulled forward, I looked up to see the garage door coming down about 4 inches above the center of my hood. I put it in reverse and got out of the way in time. Something is going on with location sensing I guess? I do not have it set to auto close, only open when approaching, and it has worked flawlessly until the last 2 weeks.

Thanks for looking!

#6 Garage Door Openers do not have open and close commands. There is only one command. If the door is open the door closes. If the door is closed it opens. The car is supposed to be using the ultrasonic transducers in the bumper to determine whether the door is open or closed.

My driveway is 75 feet long. I have it set to open the door when I am half way up the driveway. At that distance I would easily see a problem before I got close to the door.

#6 Garage Door Openers do not have open and close commands. There is only one command. If the door is open the door closes. If the door is closed it opens. The car is supposed to be using the ultrasonic transducers in the bumper to determine whether the door is open or closed.

My driveway is 75 feet long. I have it set to open the door when I am half way up the driveway. At that distance I would easily see a problem before I got close to the door.
Yeah I know there is only one command, I don't have shut configured in the car however, to point out that it thought I just arrived and tried to open the already open door.

Yeah I know there is only one command, I don't have shut configured in the car however, to point out that it thought I just arrived and tried to open the already open door.
My point was that if I was to wash my car before the trigger point in the driveway with the garage door open, when I reached the trigger point the door would close. The car is too far away from the door for the ultrasonic transducers to determine the state of the door.