TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Need help with financing info, VIN assigned 2 days after config

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by brianmeow, Jul 26, 2018.

1. brianmeow

brianmeow Member

I was completely shocked when I saw the email this morning for VIN and next week delivery date, just 2 days after i config.
    I had a reservation 5/1/18, blue RWD, 18" wheel.
    Now i need to figure out how and where to get good financing deal around LA/OC area.
    Thanks.

2. JGard

JGard Member

Jealous! I just altered my config (for the 15th time since June 28th, I think) to Blue RWD. Perhaps I will actually get a call soon... I placed my reservation about a month before you, too

to answer your question, though, just find a local credit union, they tend to have the best rates

3. apacheguy

apacheguy S Sig #255

What do all these instaVINs say about demand? When Tesla unleashed the floodgates and allowed everyone to configure I assumed this meant that there would be longer wait times. But it seems that they’ve had no trouble at all keeping up with this demand which is somewhat disconcerting, IMO, for the company.

4. brianmeow

brianmeow Member

My VIN is 44xxx, i thought it'd be higher. Must be an older one sitting around at Costa Mesa and i just got lucky.

5. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

Search is your friend

6. Trevor B

Trevor B Member

Yes ... maybe folks are holding out for the elusive $35k version (which has disappeared from tesla web page for the most part)

7. GoodOmens

GoodOmens Member

I have a blue RWD on configure since 6/30 so yea not everyone is gettin insta VIN

8. apacheguy

apacheguy S Sig #255

@GoodOmens i see you are in DC, maybe that is why. Seems like almost all folks on the west coast with RWD are only waiting at most a week or two to get their VINs.

9. SmoothGB

SmoothGB Member

I’m not sure how you all got VINs and haven’t completed the financing part yet.

In fact, the email from my representative specifically states that VINs do NOT show up until later in the process.

I’m waiting for my tradin evaluation, which will then let me know how much I’m financing, which will allow me to then get my VIN.

At least that’s how it was explained to me.

10. Koflach

Koflach Member

Canadians on the west coast aren't getting anything. I ordered on the 28th and have been told my vehicle hasn't entered production yet (as of Wednesday)

11. Cdnman0

Cdnman0 Member

Good for you however there are lots of folks waiting months longer with no news or follow up. It is getting frustrating. I’m waiting for a silver RWD with “19 rims and EAP. Configured June 26th and ordered in January. I’m happy to wait my turn but these instant orders does not seem fair.

12. EricUSC

EricUSC Member

44,xxx is pretty fresh. VINs aren't always in order. A friend got assigned 44,8xx this week for the exact same configuration. After checking the spreadsheet on TMC, it appears that RWD/Blue/Aero cars w/ 44,xxx VINs were all assigned this week. The previous batch of RWD/Blue/Aero cars, 41,xxx were mostly assigned in late June or early July.

13. EricUSC

EricUSC Member

@brianmeow Have you taken delivery and how is the build quality of your Model 3? I'm going w/ my friend to take delivery of his car in the same configuration (RWD/Blue/Aero) and a very similar vin (448xx) on Sun 8/5 in Marina Del Rey.

14. Dana1

Dana1 Member

If you have access to a credit union, otherwise your bank. Check a couple of competitors. Usually a bank that knows you does fine on rates. My bank doesn’t even ask for income verification anymore because they know they’ll get paid. There’s no magic bullet. Your credit rating makes a difference in what tier you’ll end up in. Some banks have narrower tranches than others.