Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need help with new Wheels & stock tires!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there I have a 2021 model 3 LR. My plan is to use my stock 18" wheels for winter so im going to use the stock Michelin MXM4 tires onto a new set of wheels.

my question is that will Braelin BR14 fit the stock tires? here are the specs on the wheels. I don't know which offset to go with because the stock offset is +40 so does anyone have a recommendation by any chance? I will link the wheels at the bottom of the page thank you!
GuaranteedFitment.png
tires-both.png
Part Number:BR14-1880-65BT+35C641
Size:18x8"19x8.5"19x9.5"20x9"
PCD:5x114.3
Offset:+35 mm+45 mm
Finish:Satin Black Anthracite
Bore:64.1 mm
Seat:60°
Construction Type:Flow Formed
Lip Size:N/A
Weight (lbs):19.40 lbs
Load Rating:1543 lbs / 700 kg

I assume you're asking about the 18x8" size. Website lists that as ET35. That should fit fine as long as the barrel and spoke shapes aren't problematic. Probably not an issue with the base Model 3 brakes, I think it's usually just the M3P PUP brakes where some 18" wheels don't fit. Plus that website says guaranteed fitment of course. :)

8" is 0.5" narrower than stock Model 3 wheels, however the stock 235 tire with is 100% fine and recommend for 8" wide wheels. From that perspective you'll be fine.

You'll end up with a slightly narrower setup for summer than winter though. That's the opposite of what's usually recommended and done (when using a different size at all). The 0.5" difference is small, in practice shouldn't be any kind of issue at all, and you can use 235 width tires on both if you want. However if that wheel is made specifically for the Model 3, then 18x8" was surely intended for winter use. That's all.