I'm a current Model S owner, and placed my deposit on 3/31 - I received my invitation to configure several months ago, and have been waiting for a few reasons: my current Model S lease ends on October-01, and I'd like to get AWD (and possibly Performance). I've been trying to gauge the best time to place my order to minimize overlap between the two cars and originally figured that it would be best to place my order toward the end of July/beginning of August, assuming a 4-6w wait time. However, with the recent news about Tesla charging for connectivity for orders after July-01, I'm beginning to wonder whether I should just bite the bullet and order now? I have no idea when AWD/Performance will become available to me in the configurator (it says mid '18 for me), and I also want to ensure that I'm able to take delivery early enough to get the federal and state tax incentives. Ordering now benefits: tax incentives are a surer thing, less temptation to over-order AWD/Performance, free internet connectivity Waiting (a month) benefits: more options, less overlap between the two cars (payments, insurance), less risk of "hey we happen to have a car available now, three months early"