TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Need help with possible CPO purchase

Discussion in 'Model S' started by cheekedave, Aug 10, 2016.

1. cheekedave

cheekedave Member

Hello everyone,

I was trying to get some experienced S owners to chime in on if this one CPO is a good buy.

It is a Signature 2012 model. I assume this is the first model S' that came out, is it not? It is pretty cheap. Are there any issues with an early model S I should ask/know about before making a decision?

85 kWh Signature Performance Model S 5YJSA1DP5CFS02051 | Tesla Canada for the link to the car.

Any help would be appreciated!

2. Buddy

Buddy Member

I'm not an experienced owner but I do know that the signature model S's were the first ones to be delivered so it's definitely one of the oldest. I see it has he Sig Red paint which is rare because it's only available to Signature cars.

He old Model S didn't have a titanium plate underneath the battery but Tesla will install them free of charge (so I've read). You may want to ask if that's already been done.

It does not have the same leather seats as the "next gen seats" that are available now.

It does have dual charging for faster charging and is supercharged enabled.

I don't think it's capable of having autopilot.

Can't go wrong with any Model S if you like the options on that one. The day you take delivery of a brand new Mode S is the day you have old technology since this car has so much tech in it.

Good luck! Make sure to use a referral code!

Referral | Tesla

3. ModelX

ModelX Member

I love the sigs! I think they are so beautiful in sig red; but no parking sensors or autopilot.

4. Fiver

Fiver Member

You can't use a referral code on a CPO. Just add it to your forum signature like the rest of us and stop whoring for referrals in public.

• Like x 1
  5. Buddy

Buddy Member

I didn't know. I'd think your demand could have been a little nicer given my response had more than just my referral code. It didn't hurt anything adding it to my response

6. DougH

DougH Active Member

I love my Sig that I just sold, it was an amazing car for but it did lack all the new cool features. But for the price a Sig is the way to go, it will retain some value more than a standard Model S but it looks like it sold already.

7. Austin Powers

Austin Powers Member

Honestly, it's getting a little annoying. ;)

• Like x 1
  8. cheekedave

cheekedave Member

Dang it. yeah it looks like it sold. However, I found someone privately selling a 2013 85kWh one for the same price, in black. Hmm... so tempted to buy one in the meantime for a Model 3... Only hesitation is having a much higher payment now than what I have on my Chevy Volt ($150 a month compared to about $800 a month for this S)... hmmmm.

9. SevenWithaT

SevenWithaT Member

HI Cheekedave, I am a happy CPO owner. If you like, I can share our CPO experience with you.
    We live in Toronto, the CPO stock is very limited in Canada, so when we found one that suits our budget, taste of color and power, we did pull out the credit card and reserve the car immediately. Before that, we did hesitate and miss a few deals.
    Unfortunately, due to limited stock, buying a CPO Modle S is less of a shop-around but more of a knowing what we need and find a match.
    The CPO program and CPO warranty program are great. And they will fix any damage (if any) prior to delivery. We get to walk around the car on the delivery day. We found some imperfections on the car. They took the car to the back and put in new parts and fixes that can be performed that day and scheduled a follow-up repair for items that can not be completed that day. When we got our MS, we didn't feel that we got a used car but a car with good price. Also, the Service Centre treat us like any other Tesla owners who bought their car new. They don't discriminate CPO owners like other car dealers.

10. skhenry81

skhenry81 Member

I just put a deposit down last week on a car coming from Vancouver. I'm wondering how long your car took from you put down your deposit till you took delivery. Who did you work with at the Lawrence location?