Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need help with Tesla lease payment estimator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put a deposit down on a Model X 90D inventory car located in Fremont. I was told by my Owner Advisor that I would need to pay $1,000 for shipping to Texas. I then subsequently received the attached lease payment estimator from the Tesla Credit Analyst with (1) the cash price increased by $1,000 (from $115,250 to $116,250) due to the trasport fee, (2) but an addtional $1,000 added on the non-residualized transportation fee line?

I asked both the Tesla Credit Analyst and Owner Advisor about this apparent double counting. The Tesla credit analyst stated his numbers are correct and directed me back to the Owner Advisor. The Owner Advisor then emailed me stating "the transportation fee is factored into the price of the vehicle as a non-residualized option. This fee divided by 36 months is an addtional $27 dollars a month."

To complicate matters the Tesla 1-800 number representative stated to me that since I am in Texas, they cannot show me a more detailed lease caluclator since they cannot sell cars directly in Texas.

Any lease experts that can help educate me on how the $1,000 transport fee should be calculated on their lease payment estimator?

Also, is Texas sales tax due at the time of delivery?

Attachments

• Lease Estimator.pdf
    85.4 KB · Views: 108