Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

need help with usb drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw somewhere on this forum someone had a usb drive that could plug directly into an iPhone so yyou could view sentry events while in the car. Awesome. So I bought one, formatted it fat32, made a teslacam folder. When I plug it into the usb port the car doesn't seem to recognize it. The dashcam icon never shows up. I even bought a second one of better quality, same thing. Any suggestions, I would love to be able to view these as soon as I get in the car. I am iPhone user. Thanks in advance

I saw somewhere on this forum someone had a usb drive that could plug directly into an iPhone so yyou could view sentry events while in the car. Awesome. So I bought one, formatted it fat32, made a teslacam folder. When I plug it into the usb port the car doesn't seem to recognize it. The dashcam icon never shows up. I even bought a second one of better quality, same thing. Any suggestions, I would love to be able to view these as soon as I get in the car. I am iPhone user. Thanks in advance
I’m guessing you saw my thread & my video:
View Tesla Sentry Mode & TeslaCam Video on your iPhone

I have heard this from a number of people.
As crazy as it seems, You can’t do this on a PC. Some have even tried third-party applications to format the flash drive to FAT32 with no success.
Try to get access to a Mac and run the Disk Utilities application. Select MSDOS (FAT) in the format drop-down. Others who had this problem have confirmed that this solved it.

• Helpful
Reactions: Sherlo
I’m guessing you saw my thread & my video:
View Tesla Sentry Mode & TeslaCam Video on your iPhone

I have heard this from a number of people.
As crazy as it seems, You can’t do this on a PC. Some have even tried third-party applications to format the flash drive to FAT32 with no success.
Try to get access to a Mac and run the Disk Utilities application. Select MSDOS (FAT) in the format drop-down. Others who had this problem have confirmed that this solved it.

Daniellane- thanks a lot. that's exactly what it was, once the usb was programmed on a mac it worked perfectly.

Reactions: Daniellane