Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need Help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All, I need some help from some fans of the brand, I am a caresalsman at a non telsa dealership and we recently took in a 2018 model x p100d on trade and while i have done a little bit of reasearch via youtube i have no idea what customers really want out of this vehicle, i love the performance aspect but not everyone cares about that stuff. we have had a few people come look at it already but no luck, so i guess my question is what made you want to buy a tesla?

Hello All, I need some help from some fans of the brand, I am a caresalsman at a non telsa dealership and we recently took in a 2018 model x p100d on trade and while i have done a little bit of reasearch via youtube i have no idea what customers really want out of this vehicle, i love the performance aspect but not everyone cares about that stuff. we have had a few people come look at it already but no luck, so i guess my question is what made you want to buy a tesla?

An X in general is great for hauling people or stuff and not needing gasoline. Panoramic windshield is also a plus. The P version exists for people who want even more performance.

What did they buy instead?

Many reasons.

Safety.

Good for families, car seats ect also good for shuttling older parents around.

Environmental: while electric energy isn’t completely clean, it starts the process to shift to electric and hopefully more sustainable sources in the future. Even if you don’t believe in all the data behind climate change, live in LA or visit cities in China and you understand something must change.

Fuel savings. Cost calcs can be massive over a 5-10 year outlook, especially if comparing to a vehicle that can transport 7 at the same performance specs. Especially considering most gas engines lose effenciency, especially at high mileage. Plenty of Tesla’s have travelled 400k plus miles now. My prior Audi would be struggling at that point. Minimal maintenance.

Just a few of the reasons, hope it helps.

Reactions: Bogobec
Many reasons.

Safety.

Good for families, car seats ect also good for shuttling older parents around.

Environmental: while electric energy isn’t completely clean, it starts the process to shift to electric and hopefully more sustainable sources in the future. Even if you don’t believe in all the data behind climate change, live in LA or visit cities in China and you understand something must change.

Fuel savings. Cost calcs can be massive over a 5-10 year outlook, especially if comparing to a vehicle that can transport 7 at the same performance specs. Especially considering most gas engines lose effenciency, especially at high mileage. Plenty of Tesla’s have travelled 400k plus miles now. My prior Audi would be struggling at that point. Minimal maintenance.

Just a few of the reasons, hope it helps.

I appreciate the response!

Could be, I know I will miss the excessive amount of 'free' waste heat our ICE vehicles produce in winter...

Wow, is that the one with only 1,339 miles on it? What are you listing at? Depreciation had to hurt...

good spot, yes it is we are listing at 119.9 k so call it 120k as optioned 156 new so yeah he took a hit but hey he walked away in a new trackhawk for free sort of

good spot, yes it is we are listing at 119.9 k so call it 120k as optioned 156 new so yeah he took a hit but hey he walked away in a new trackhawk for free sort of

Yeah, sort of ;) Could have also gotten a trailhawk and a model 3...

I'd suggest adding the seat configuration to your listing (unless I missed). Xs come in 5, 6 with console, 6 without console, and 7 seat configurations.
Also mention whether it has EAP (Enhanced Autopilot) or FSD (Full Self Driving (not available yet, but could be prepaid)).

Yeah, sort of ;) Could have also gotten a trailhawk and a model 3...

I'd suggest adding the seat configuration to your listing (unless I missed). Xs come in 5, 6 with console, 6 without console, and 7 seat configurations.
Also mention whether it has EAP (Enhanced Autopilot) or FSD (Full Self Driving (not available yet, but could be prepaid)).

Thank you, for the ideas ill make sure my online guy finds out