Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

need info for model S wheel swap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
considering swapping wheels & tires with a fellow model S owner.

car1: 2013 85. 19" Model S Base Wheel.
car2: 2015 p85d. 21" Turbine Wheel - Grey

The tire sizes are identical - his p85d is not staggered. All 8 wheels are 245/35-21.

My question is: what, if any, obstacles do we face? Can we just switch wheels or do we need to add/remove/change anythong. i.e. TPMS? Other than the price we settle on (and changes to efficiency, road noise & handling) are there any other concerns we need to be aware of and address?

Thanks in advance!

VIN? Old style TPMS does not show the actual pressure so check that you both have the same.

After you drive the car for a few miles it will learn the new tires if the TPMs is compatible you then tell it the tire size. 19vs21

Your avatar in the screen will not update in my experience.

hope that helps.

considering swapping wheels & tires with a fellow model S owner.

car1: 2013 85. 19" Model S Base Wheel.
car2: 2015 p85d. 21" Turbine Wheel - Grey

The tire sizes are identical - his p85d is not staggered. All 8 wheels are 245/35-21.

My question is: what, if any, obstacles do we face? Can we just switch wheels or do we need to add/remove/change anythong. i.e. TPMS? Other than the price we settle on (and changes to efficiency, road noise & handling) are there any other concerns we need to be aware of and address?

Thanks in advance!
All 8 wheels are 245-35-21? Even the ones on the 19" rim?

As above posts, the TPMS is the only concern.
Regarding the screen avatar, you can schedule a trip to a service center, they will have to plug in a laptop to change the avatar. I've done it on 3 of my cars over the years. It requires you to be there in person with the car even if support says they can "probably do it over the air"
....and they are happy to do it for free in my experience.