TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Need inspection help in New Orleans

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by Dpkolus, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Dpkolus

Dpkolus Member

Hi everyone,

I live in southern CA and have been lurking on this forum for the past year as the lease for my Chevy Spark EV winds down. I've learned so much from all of you, and will hopefully be joining the Tesla community soon with the purchase of a used Model S85 from a seller in New Orleans.

Unfortunately, I've just had knee surgery and cannot travel for the next month. Rather than buying sight unseen, I'm wondering if there is a knowledgeable Tesla owner in the New Orleans area who could take a look at the car on my behalf. I'd be happy to pay this person for their time. (Apparently, the nearest Tesla service center is 350 miles away in Houston, so having Tesla look at the car isn't an option.)

Thank you and best wishes,
    Derrick

• Like x 1
  2. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Member

I live near Burbank. Sorry to hear about the knee surgery. I had one done a few years ago and it took me a full year to recover.

I've looked at out of state Teslas too, but they have always been near a Tesla Service center.

Hope you find a guy and best of luck with your purchase!

3. msudawgfan

msudawgfan Member

I believe that Tesla has a ranger in the New Orleans / Baton Rouge area. You could call Tesla direct or check with the service center in Houston. They usually charge $3/mile but that is your best bet if you want a qualified opinion.

4. Dpkolus

Dpkolus Member

Thank you for the Ranger suggestion. I'll follow up on this with Tesla.

Derrick

5. dustinkrause

dustinkrause New Member

try WeGoLook