Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need interior help please!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking at cpo's and I found a nice p85 that has "tan performance interior" and I also saw one that has "black leather performance interior"
I'm looking at the photos and don't see a material difference.. they both look like leather to me.

is there a difference in the seats or is this a typo?

The difference in the performance seats is the addition of alcantara inserts and contrasting piping. The alcantara provides a tiny bit of extra grip which is helpful since these seats are pretty flat and you tend to slide around on them. The piping on black seats is red and on tan seats it is gray.

The same thing was called various different things over time, they're the same other than colour. "performance" seats were never available in cloth, only in leather. Additionally there's almost no difference between "performance" seats and the standard ones (difference is that on the performance seats there is coloured piping around the edge, and the side bolsters have suede/alcantara on them) It was a really overpriced option IMHO to upgrade to "performance" seats that didn't add any support, comfort, or really anything but a slight visual difference.

The difference in the performance seats is the addition of alcantara inserts and contrasting piping. The alcantara provides a tiny bit of extra grip which is helpful since these seats are pretty flat and you tend to slide around on them. The piping on black seats is red and on tan seats it is gray.

thanks for the info. that's very helpful

- - - Updated - - -

The same thing was called various different things over time, they're the same other than colour. "performance" seats were never available in cloth, only in leather. Additionally there's almost no difference between "performance" seats and the standard ones (difference is that on the performance seats there is coloured piping around the edge, and the side bolsters have suede/alcantara on them) It was a really overpriced option IMHO to upgrade to "performance" seats that didn't add any support, comfort, or really anything but a slight visual difference.

thanks for info very helpful!

one other question if you can help, is smart air suspension same as active air suspension?

thanks in advance!

is smart air suspension same as active air suspension?
Yup, same thing.

Many things went by slightly different names at different times. The worst culprits are the "packages" as the contents of them can be drastically different depending on when the car was made, things like the tech package, the premium lighting package, and the premium interior package all have long lists of features which may, or may not, be in them.

Yup, same thing.

Many things went by slightly different names at different times. The worst culprits are the "packages" as the contents of them can be drastically different depending on when the car was made, things like the tech package, the premium lighting package, and the premium interior package all have long lists of features which may, or may not, be in them.

thanks!