Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need iPhone Knowledgeable advice ("Voice Memo")

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AudubonB

One can NOT induce accuracy via precision!
Mar 24, 2013
Hello all -

This techno-ignoramus needs someone to tell him how one can take a recording from iPhone's "Voice Memo" and download it into a usable format.

Background: we have - I hope - some potentially actionable material that I recorded. Our just about nonexistent and horrifically dysfunctional community (there are about eight of us; the number fluctuates) got itself into a heap of financial trouble over the past three years, and it would be good if we can claw our way out. What I recorded on the iPhone MIGHT be of help....if I can get at it. 2hrs 23m of recording, so I definitely need to be able to get it into some other format.

Any asisstance highly appreciated - thanks.

If for some reason e-mailing them doesn't work, and assuming you have a Mac and a USB cable, a free Mac Application called iPhone Explorer (iPhone Explorer - Download). Or for money and also on a PC (iExplorer - iPhone, iPad Music PC) will probably do the trick.

Alternately, using iTunes you can do a backup of your iPhone, and then with some degree of difficulty you can dig around in the backup, or email/dropbox the backup to someone you trust who can do it for you.

Last edited: