TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Need iPhone Knowledgeable advice ("Voice Memo")

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AudubonB, Jun 15, 2013.

1. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

Hello all -

This techno-ignoramus needs someone to tell him how one can take a recording from iPhone's "Voice Memo" and download it into a usable format.

Background: we have - I hope - some potentially actionable material that I recorded. Our just about nonexistent and horrifically dysfunctional community (there are about eight of us; the number fluctuates) got itself into a heap of financial trouble over the past three years, and it would be good if we can claw our way out. What I recorded on the iPhone MIGHT be of help....if I can get at it. 2hrs 23m of recording, so I definitely need to be able to get it into some other format.

Any asisstance highly appreciated - thanks.

2. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

You can just email the audio clips to yourself from within the Voice Memos utility.

3. woof

woof Model S #P683 Blue 85 kWh

#4 woof, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
    If for some reason e-mailing them doesn't work, and assuming you have a Mac and a USB cable, a free Mac Application called iPhone Explorer (iPhone Explorer - Download). Or for money and also on a PC (iExplorer - iPhone, iPad Music PC) will probably do the trick.

Alternately, using iTunes you can do a backup of your iPhone, and then with some degree of difficulty you can dig around in the backup, or email/dropbox the backup to someone you trust who can do it for you.