Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need new tires..Where can I get Sport 4S tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
good luck finding them, I just tried to buy a set of PS4S and conti extreme contacts in 18's...they let me buy them then came back with a backorder notice as soon as they were paid for. Was told they're stuck in cargo ships off the coast and it will be 30-45 days.

Discount tire told me the 4S were on back order last week. Had a sidewall picture. Replaced my set of original tires that had 20k on them. Went with Firestone Indy 500 245/45/18. Only had them on for a week but they are as quiet as the stock Michelin’s, ride great and look really good. $860 out the door as there was a $60 instant rebate. Summer only tire but I’m in GA and have the wife’s 2021 Q7 should winter weather be an issue.

I’ll take some pictures this weekend. Thought about the 255 but a few small things had me go with the 245: 255 are out of spec for the 8.5” aero’s and slight additional range loss as well. I also wanted slightly taller side walls to help fill the SR+ wheel well. I’m still most likely going to get the Tein coilovers when they come out but I don’t want to go too low.

I’ll take some pictures this weekend. Thought about the 255 but a few small things had me go with the 245: 255 are out of spec for the 8.5” aero’s and slight additional range loss as well. I also wanted slightly taller side walls to help fill the SR+ wheel well. I’m still most likely going to get the Tein coilovers when they come out but I don’t want to go too low.
I’m wrong about 255 being to wide. 265 is actually over the max width but gets you the right total diameter if you go with a 40 series sidewall. I now remember that’s what I was struggling with.

Went with the 255/40/18 Firestone Indy 500

All I can say is wow. Glue on the on ramps now with no role. Stock suspension

Before with the primacy I had to slow down and then accelerate out. lots of body role

Overall great ride, with a much wider stance

Will post more as i drive more. Best mod I have done yet hands down.

I take canyon roads to work every morning
I am very happy in the transformation of this car with these new tires
Since safety score has been removed I have driven more aggressive and seen the limits
Yes it still has some role, but compared to my sons Model 3 with lowering springs and 4S tires, its more planted and just hauls ass
Love the ride and the look
I used to fly through the canyon with my old RX7 13B GSLSE, with lowered suspension, and this car is way more planted than that
Just too much fun right now
Compared to stock tires, no comparison, much better ride, Way better launch, and it corners great for my purposes. regen and braking are better.

Went with the 255/40/18 Firestone Indy 500

All I can say is wow. Glue on the on ramps now with no role. Stock suspension

Before with the primacy I had to slow down and then accelerate out. lots of body role

Overall great ride, with a much wider stance

Will post more as i drive more. Best mod I have done yet hands down.
Any pics? Looking to get 255/40/18 and have spacers on already with 1" drop.

unnamed.jpg

Reactions: Vaillant