Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need one way rental from LAX to SFO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hertz does one-way rental. I just rented from SFO and drove to LAX last week. They have tons of Tesla Model Y/3 at SFO but I ended up renting Outback. Great mileage, but they have other bigger SUVs on the lot.
I haven't done a one way rental in a while, but I exclusively use hertz... I know they used to charge you a pretty hefty surcharge for one-way rentals when you drop-off at a different location than pickup. In my experience, you get better rates when you pickup at an airport... And at least with my one way rentals, I've gotten less of a ding when I drop off at smaller locations that need cars.

Upvote 0
Many years ago I contacted various car rental locations in both the starting and ending locations to see if they needed any vehicles moved, surplus at starting location, low inventory at destination. You might spend a lot of time on the phone or computer asking and find nothing, but sometimes you can get lucky and find a company needing a vehicle moved, and you can get a very good deal. Usually normal car rental companies, but could also be U-Haul, Enterprise or even a car dealership needing to transport a used vehicle to another location. If you have the patience, there might be something out there, but trying to find something that seats 6 might be a tall order.

Upvote 0