Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need roadster advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's not very nice. Please keep things civil.

He's not saying to sabotage the car. All he's saying is that, if a sheet is on the edge of failure, a bit more driving may push it over the edge. Better to have it fail under warranty than just afterwards.

That's how I took it as well. It is a Roadster and is in fact designed for "spirited" driving. Its as if you hear a clunking noise in your ICE motor, where the manufacturer doesn't want to warranty it since its still running, the owner of the car has the right to drive it spirited, and if it breaks then it's broken under normal use that it was designed for and should be covered under warranty. It's not being used on a race track, but as what it is designed for, a high performance vehicle for road use.

Do you also recommend adding lead to your gas tank on an ICE car as warrantee runs out?

No. That would void the warranty. What spaceballs and I are recommending is considered normal use and won't violate any of the conditions of his warranty. It also wouldn't cause any significant damage or wear and tear if there was nothing wrong with his battery. Perhaps I missed your point?