Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need S or X for 4/20 Lunchtime EV event at Gillette in South Boston

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PeterK

Model X, 3 & Y Owner
Supporting Member
Jan 17, 2013
Cambridge, MA
Every year around Earth Day Gillette stages an EV promotion event for employees, by the main entrance to the South Boston facility. Local dealers bring various EVs to show - no rides or drives, just looking at and sitting in the vehicles. I brought my S two years ago, and I think Tesla brought a car last year. Unfortunately Tesla just cancelled its tentative plan to attend, and George Kirby (no relation), the guy in charge, reached out to me. I can't be there with my X because I'll be out of town. But I love the idea of promoting the Climate XChange Carbon Pricing Awareness (Tesla) Raffle!

Can someone here make it? 11am - 1pm next Thursday April 20. Here are the details:

We’re planning an Electric Vehicle Expo to coincide with Earth Week for P&G Gillette employees at our large South Boston site, both for our plant employees and our engineering groups. This year our date is Thursday April 20th during lunch time from 11am to 1pm here at 1 Gillette Park, just across from downtown Boston.

Gillette in South Boston is the lead site for P&G in deploying workplace EV chargers, enabling our employees to make more sustainable choices in transportation. We currently have five EV charging stations available to our employees on site, and are looking forward to more expansion. I’ve been coordinating our EV Expos for several years, showcasing the latest EVs available in the market at our main entrance grand circular driveway over lunchtime one day during Earth Week. This year we will have a nice range of EVs and PHEVs on display, including the Chevy Volt, Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf, VW eGolf, BMW i3, Kia Soul, Audi A3, Ford Fusion Energi, Hyundai Sonata, and Prius Prime.

We would love to showcase a Tesla Model S or Model X (or both) as well, along with a happy owner who could answer questions. We are not planning for test drives, only sit-in demos. Unfortunately, Tesla Motors itself decided only last night that it was unable to participate in our event.

It would be wonderful if you could help by putting out the word to other Tesla owners who might be able to volunteer to join us for the EV Expo over lunchtime next Thursday April 20th. Certainly word of a Climate Exchange raffle of a Tesla would attract even more interest!

Thanks!

George Kirby
Technology Section Head
Instrumentation, Gauging, & Laser Systems Engineering
The Procter & Gamble Company
Gillette Process & Engineering Group
(617) 463-2078
kirby"dot"gj"at"pg"dot"com
Thanks very much in advance! Please post replies here and email George at the address above.
-Peter

Reactions: Jurnimon