Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need soft top or hard carbon fiber top

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My soft top is falling apart, I need a new soft top or hard carbon fiber top.
What are my best options. Does Tesla still sell soft tops?
Lotus Elise top should fit saw it on parts page while looking for Tesla hard top bag as my car did not come with one. I don't understand how it didn't; come with hard top bag but has soft top bag.

Lotus Elise top should fit saw it on parts page while looking for Tesla hard top bag as my car did not come with one. I don't understand how it didn't; come with hard top bag but has soft top bag.
That’s because the Hard Top storage bag was a paid accessory priced around $249 when it was in production, and is far nicer quality than the included soft top bag. It could only be added on if the owner requested it, or was ordered up until 2020 when they (evidently) ran out of stock.

Reactions: Gremlin
The padded hard top storage bag was $500 on Tesla's web site for several years before they ran out and removed it from the site. I'm not sure what you mean by a "service record." Did you purchase one at a store or service center? Maybe they had a different price if you picked it up vs shipped?

The padded hard top storage bag was $500 on Tesla's web site for several years before they ran out and removed it from the site. I'm not sure what you mean by a "service record." Did you purchase one at a store or service center? Maybe they had a different price if you picked it up vs shipped?
The original owner ordered it from their service center and I have the receipt / service PDF stating the price at the time in 2012. Perhaps it went up in price after that timeframe.

Interestingly, when my Roadster came, there was a rectangular bag folded up in the trunk. I had a soft top and the soft top bag, and a hard top plus the separate padded hard top bag. But there was this other one. Eventually Tesla told me it was a non-padded hard top bag...I have never heard anyone else mention one.

Just a thought, they are out of stock, but maybe get on their waiting list for when they become available:

They also have a hardtop for $1,652 USD
We'll check that out. The hardtop is a bit expensive. We'll just finish installing the bumper and winch on the truck before we can start working on the Roadster.