Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need Some Accessory to Cover Dent in bottom structure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hit curb.
What is there out there to attach down the side to cover this?
PXL_20210208_225611767.jpg
PXL_20210208_225611767.jpg
PXL_20210326_143227749.jpg

Plenty of aftermarket side skirts should cover that, although you may have issues with the mounting spots. Plus you will always have the damage underneath and could potentially even rust.
Why not spend the money and have it fixed?
Was told by two body shops, have to unweld the bottom. Also told you cant hook up a negative and positive welder to frame with batteries and electronics. Was also told entire quarter body would need to be replaced. Absoultely not going to happen. Thanks for the advice but non of the many side skirts do not go above the crease. Thinking West Systems Epoxy fill then sand and paint.

I had similar damage to my passenger side rocker panel. I took it to a Tesla Approved Body Shop and they said they estimated the repair at just over $13k. I took it to a Tesla body shop, and they did the work for just over $2k (that included a new 20" wheel that had a very slight grind mark on the rim). I asked why the big difference, and it was explained this way - Tesla body shops can "pull" dents but Tesla "approved" shops can not. They have to replace the dented body panels, which is much more involved and costly. Needless to say, I had the Tesla body shop do the work, and it looks brand new. It was a beautiful job.

I see you're in WA state too. I used the Tesla shop in Bellevue.

I had similar damage to my passenger side rocker panel. I took it to a Tesla Approved Body Shop and they said they estimated the repair at just over $13k. I took it to a Tesla body shop, and they did the work for just over $2k (that included a new 20" wheel that had a very slight grind mark on the rim). I asked why the big difference, and it was explained this way - Tesla body shops can "pull" dents but Tesla "approved" shops can not. They have to replace the dented body panels, which is much more involved and costly. Needless to say, I had the Tesla body shop do the work, and it looks brand new. It was a beautiful job.

I see you're in WA state too. I used the Tesla shop in Bellevue.
Thank you so much.