Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need some advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so we have a 2019 SR+ that we really like and for our second vehicle was going to order a new Model 3 RWD, given all the incentives in BC, it is very attractive($55k all in). I am however a bit torn as I would really like the Dual Motor Long Range M3 and there are new ones available in Tesla inventory but with taxes in, you're looking at about $78k all in, which is way too much for me to pay over and above the M3 RWD.

So I'm looking around at used 2022 M3 LR AWD's and there aren't many and mostly in the mid $60k range. I have come across one that is $60k, white with black interior, new winter tires, well taken care of but has 30,000 km's on it, still has 3 yrs on the bumper to bumper warranty. I'm tempted to make this deal but just wanted to hear thoughts and opinions. I figured it still has warranty so I not worried about if something comes up. It drove really well and I couldn't find any issues with it. Is it worth getting a 1 year old LR AWD for basically $5k more than what I would be paying for the new RWD?

It's a good deal newer and lower mileage than my 2018 M3 LR RWD with 100,000 km on the odometer. Mine is like new other than probably some minor battery degradation which I never notice in day to day use. I would have no hesitation buying the used one if it fit my needs and there was not any new features on a new one that I just had to have. One LR and one SR seems to make more sense to me than 2 SR models if you go on a a couple long road trips each year.

Reactions: Sans-gas
I'd say go for it. We upgraded our 2020 M3 SR+ last May to a 2022 M3 LR AWD and we love it since. You do get some extra benefits included with the car (Rear heated seats, heated steering wheel, much better sound system). Also the extra range is actually very handy if you plan to go on road trips with the car. Lastly, if you live in a area with lots of snow, it's a no brainer to go with the AWD model.