Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need some help on P100D vs 100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, so this is an update to the OP. In short I ended up going the P100D route.

Blue Metallic
No sunroof
High Performance Sound
19" grey turbines

In terms of the OP and it's context: I'm happy with my decision. As dumb as it sounds, I was more hung up on the sunroof than I needed to be as I know now (as I likely was fooling myself then) I would not have used it much. Also, I was nervous on the Blue and that was a complete miss on my part. Turns out...the blue is literally AWESOME and I love it. Since purchase I have wrapped the hood and Opti Coat Pro Plus and 3M Crystalline (40% all around except windshield and I wish I had gone darker in the back...but, the tint alone makes the car look SO MUCH BETTER it's surprising).

I will do another net new post on: 1) the car itself and driving impressions after 1.5 mos, 2) Tesla company experience overall, 3) pickup and ordering experience.

To net it out: driving a Tesla is a lot of fun, P100D vs 100D would not be an issue for me (yeah, Ludicrous is awesome no question...but the delta from ICE...and I had/still have a VERY fast ICE...to Tesla is still a big gap and the 100D would be enough and you save thousands by just painting the calipers red), it's great experience/feel when you get in the car, and the interior cabin space is greatly underrated (yes, features and all kinds of pieces of the interior leave a lot to be desired, but the space itself is really exceptional). Very glad I got a Tesla and really glad I got the one I did. Ludicrous mode is a super fun thing to have, no doubt. It'll put a smile on your face...but then again, so will regular mode.

To those of you who responded and those are I interacted with through PMs, thank you very much for feedback and guidance. Much appreciated.

No doubt the P100D is a LOT of fun to kick down. I think I would have gone that route too in your shoes. A sunroof is not such a big deal! I have a Model X 75D (2018, so uncorked) and decided that was plenty quick enough as a family wagon! As others have said, there are no slow cars in the S/X range today. Only very fast and f@#¢ing fast! What I've noticed with the 75D is that ICE "racers" often misunderstand the performance level of the base Tesla, lol!

• Love
Reactions: mb44