Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need some help with Sentry Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car is a 2016 Model S with AP2

I have formated a Samsung Endurance pro 64GB micro sd to FAT32, Added the TeslaCam folder. Sentry mode activates and flashes the lights on my car. Adapter is Difini Micro SD card reader.

The problem is when I turn off the red light in my car and then remove the drive I can not find any files under the folder. There is nothing else on the drive. I've also tried another card reader.

Not sure what to try next?

It is very scientifically necessary! It's a high tech item and it missed the August 2017 criteria.

Science needs to be exact in order for it to work!

I guess because there might be some value in serving as a scarecrow.
What are you talking about? Are you trying to be funny? I’m not amused by your weird references. The Tesla notes say dashcam. Not specific to sentry. I would think the programmers could only make it active for 2.5 cars only if that were the criteria. Just doesn’t make sense that the mode would be there but recording wouldn’t work.

...I’m not amused by your weird references....

For reference, less than hardware 2.5, Sentry Mode does work fine WITHOUT video recording. It does scare thieves away with its HAL 9000 scary eye and it does create blaring alarms but it DOES NOT record any video.

That means I cannot help you on your memory card when your car does not have hardware 2.5 and above.

Some owners with hardware 2.5 and above do have problems with a memory card and I could help them, but sorry, there's no remedy in your case unless you buy a newer Tesla with hardware 2.5 or above.

Although I would have worded it differently, he's right. If you dont have HW2.5 you are considered obsolete in Tesla's eyes. Your "sentry mode" is just the car is aware and I believe may blink when someone gets too close? No sentry mode recordings for you though, just loud ass sounds if someone breaks your window or opens your doors

Although I would have worded it differently, he's right. If you dont have HW2.5 you are considered obsolete in Tesla's eyes. Your "sentry mode" is just the car is aware and I believe may blink when someone gets too close? No sentry mode recordings for you though, just loud ass sounds if someone breaks your window or opens your doors
Doesn't it also send a notification to your phone when Sentry Mode alarm state is triggered even if there's no recording?