Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need someone to check something since update yesterday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lynnpt2001

Cookie Monster MX & M3
Sep 9, 2015
Greencastle PA
When you are driving, come to a stop, put the car in Park. Unbuckle driver seat belt, the car start chiming because of seatbelt not buckled. So you cannot park, unbuckle unless it annoys you by continuing warning. Software version is 2019.36.2.1. Thanks in advance. Model 3 received the same update today it does not "ding" after park and unbuckle?

When you are driving, come to a stop, put the car in Park. Unbuckle driver seat belt, the car start chiming because of seatbelt not buckled. So you cannot park, unbuckle unless it annoys you by continuing warning. Software version is 2019.36.2.1. Thanks in advance. Model 3 received the same update today it does not "ding" after park and unbuckle?

I noticed this. It beeps for 5 seconds, and then is silent.

Happening to me as well!

Another thing I noticed was that when my car was plugged in all weekend (drove wife's car), it actually charged over my set limit. For example I set my limit to 85% and it was 94% charged when I got in my car this morning. I have it scheduled for a departure time, so I am not sure if that has something to do with it.

Thought someone would like to know as it is not good to fully charge to 100% (assuming I left it plugged in) and not drive the car.

yep, i've stared at the dash going 'what did i Doooooo' a few times now.

Not as bad as this datsun i had in the 80s that screamed KEY IS IN THE IGNITION right as you turned it off. I Don't remember what model it was, but they added a recorded voice to the alerts in the mid to late 80s.

This has been happening non-stop for the update a few days ago on my Dec 2017 MX.
Happens anytime the vehicle is stopped and the seat belt is released (in my case, driver seatbelt)
I've tried all sorts of workarounds, but it appears there is none.
I've tried:
Digging through all the menus on the console to see if there's some new 'Joe--' mode or something enabled or CYA setting to 'Disable annoying seat belt removal alert when exiting the vehicle'. Unfortunately, didn't find anything.
Waiting 30 seconds after normal park mode. Annoying seatbelt warning chimes when removed.
Putting it in 'PARK' by holding the button on the end of the stick until the emergency brake is engaged. Still annoying seatbelt warning chimes when removed.

Yeah, this is a trivial, but highly annoying bug, but I'm still not sure how it got past QA.

I've had to add a workaround to my routine to wait until the annoying chimes end when I get home late at night in order to not annoy my neighbors by opening the door while it's still going off (besides pausing or muting music - which I completely understand the reason I need to manually do it, but at least that doesn't make me cringe like the unwelcome seatbelt alert when exiting the vehicle)

Now that I realize it's not just my vehicle, I guess I'll be logging a bug report in the vehicle after it happens tonight when I get home.

Is there a way to open up a bunch of bug reports or ability to give official feedback to Tesla? Not like talking to a service manager but something that could be tracked via software?

Yes, press voice button, say 'Bug Report' and describe the bug.

Example, 'Bug Report - Placing car in park mode to exit and removing driver seat belt causes erroneous warning alert' (feel free to embellish as you wish)
Note: this will also capture the content of your screens at the time of the report per the bug report documentation.

It may also help to file the bug report near the time it occurs so the 'Bug Report' data sent correlates with the issue.