Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need suggestions for all season tire and wheel setup for model 3 performance model?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ended up getting the tsportline 18" TSTs wheels with the Michelin crossclimate+ tires for my P3D+. No snow yet but so far so good on wet and dry roads.

Attachments

• IMG_20191021_173746.jpg
    IMG_20191021_173746.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 96
I ended up getting the tsportline 18" TSTs wheels with the Michelin crossclimate+ tires for my P3D+. No snow yet but so far so good on wet and dry roads.
Can you give a quick review of the crossclimates so far?

How long did you drive on the stock 20s with PS4s?
Has acceleration suffered? Handling? Stopping? Dry vs wet?
One of the only negatives I've read about the tires is the noise. What is your impression?

Thanks!

Can you give a quick review of the crossclimates so far?

How long did you drive on the stock 20s with PS4s?
Has acceleration suffered? Handling? Stopping? Dry vs wet?
One of the only negatives I've read about the tires is the noise. What is your impression?

Thanks!

I drove the stock 20s for about 720 miles. I've driven the crossclimates for about 1300 miles. Acceleration has definitely not suffered. I do feel a little less grip (possibly) when flooring it from 0-60 but it still grips fine. I haven't done any massive stops but the tires feel very responsive when stopping normally. I've driven around sharp curves at higher speeds than my normal speed to test the wet and dry performance and I was never nervous that they were going to slip. Everything felt good. Noise is my only complaint. They are louder than the stock 20s but not unbearably so. Had I not driven the stock 20s, I would think the crossclimates sound like normal tires. They aren't loud per say.. but louder than the stock tires that have foam in them. All in all, I like these a lot. If snow performance is good, these will be the perfect tire.

• Informative
Reactions: Solmors
I drove the stock 20s for about 720 miles. I've driven the crossclimates for about 1300 miles. Acceleration has definitely not suffered. I do feel a little less grip (possibly) when flooring it from 0-60 but it still grips fine. I haven't done any massive stops but the tires feel very responsive when stopping normally. I've driven around sharp curves at higher speeds than my normal speed to test the wet and dry performance and I was never nervous that they were going to slip. Everything felt good. Noise is my only complaint. They are louder than the stock 20s but not unbearably so. Had I not driven the stock 20s, I would think the crossclimates sound like normal tires. They aren't loud per say.. but louder than the stock tires that have foam in them. All in all, I like these a lot. If snow performance is good, these will be the perfect tire.

Thank you for the review - much appreciated !! I am planning to get the Tsportline 18" wheels for my Performance 3 also. I have been going back and forth between the CrossClimates, Pilot Sport A/S 3+ and the Continental DWS06s (wheel/tire package from Tsportline).

Did Tsportline create a special wheel/tire package with the CrossClimates for you or did you buy just the wheels from them and the tires from somewhere else ?

This is a great review, thank you for sharing!

I'm planning on getting the Michelin CrossClimate+ on 18s for my P3D+. I live in the PNW where there is snow on occasion, but its mostly rain and cold weather. If I were living in a place where there was snow on the ground for 2+ months out of the year I would get a 2nd set of wheels for winter tires.

As for the CrossClimate+, all the reviews and tests I've seen have shown it has 95% of a summer tire's stopping/handling and as good or better snow/ice than other all-seasons (and better than some winters). Plus a 600 wear rating and 98Y load and speed. They almost seem too good to be true.
Very helpful!

I am novice on the LOAD/SPEED ratings. My stock 20” tires are 92/Y. Consumer Reports says the better rated PureContact LS (vs procontact) tire works for my P3D+ (I am thinking of pairing these in size 235/45r18 with Tsportline 18” wheels; Tsportline says their 18” wheel fits with performance sized calipers). These tires have a load/speed index of 94/V and max load of 1477lbs. The car weighs 5072 lbs and heaviest corner should be 1385 lbs.

I’m over my head. Does this make sense to anyone? Thanks!

Thank you for the review - much appreciated !! I am planning to get the Tsportline 18" wheels for my Performance 3 also. I have been going back and forth between the CrossClimates, Pilot Sport A/S 3+ and the Continental DWS06s (wheel/tire package from Tsportline).

Did Tsportline create a special wheel/tire package with the CrossClimates for you or did you buy just the wheels from them and the tires from somewhere else ?

Unfortunately, Tsportline didn't have any deals with the crossclimates. At the time I got a decent deal for the tires at Costco and when my wheels and TPMS sensors came in, I put on the sensors, took the wheels to Costco and they installed everything for me.

Unfortunately, Tsportline didn't have any deals with the crossclimates. At the time I got a decent deal for the tires at Costco and when my wheels and TPMS sensors came in, I put on the sensors, took the wheels to Costco and they installed everything for me.

This is the route I'll probably take as well - Thanks again for your info !!!

Nothing wrong with all-seasons (no seasons).... all depends on how the car/s are used.

Track toy? Sure, go all out and grab dedicated ultra-high performance summers, slicks even,
staggered dedicated racing wheels, warm up the tires pre laps, etc.

Enthusiast? Multiple sets of tires/wheels, seasonal use and hand picked for given climate/region, type of roads travelled.

Typical Model 3 (even Performance) owner? Grab whatever works, including GranTouring or Touring All-Seasons.
Nothing wrong with them for regular daily driven duty. Ignore all the chatter, do what works for you.

I was in the same position as OP earlier so I figure I can chime in and share my experience on this. I took delivery of my P3 in June of this year. Stock PS4s' on 20's were super fun to drive on in the summer, but I was always worried about bending the rims on potholes and knew the tires weren't rated for driving below 40F (gets down there in MA by October), so needed to decide between changing out just the tires vs buy a second set of wheels and tires. I ultimately went with a second set of 19inch wheels (TSS 19in wheels which look like the OEM arachnids) since I figured extra sidewall height would give me some peace of mind in rougher roads and would be easier to swap out myself seasonally.

Next big decision was tires. I heard a lot of recommendations for the Michelin A/S 3+'s but found out they aren't available for the OEM 19 inch size (235/40/19) and neither are the Continental DWS tires. Shopping around, I found the new continental pureContact LS (not the older pureContacts) are supposed to be well rated in dry/wet and can even handle snow pretty well (according to the TireRack ratings fwiw).

I know a lot of people are probably going to say I should have just gotten dedicated winter tires since I have 2 sets of wheels now. The reason I went all-season was to give me the option to ride on the 19s year round if I wanted to and benefit from the slight efficiency bump with the smaller wheels.

So far I've been running on this setup since Sept of this year. It's possibly a slightly quieter and softer ride than stock 20's, but not earth shatteringly different. There is a brief moment of audible wheel growl (slight slippage?) when flooring it from a dead stop which I never had issues with on the PS4s. Otherwise they handle very well and I feel just as confident with 'spirited driving' on them as on the PS4s.

Rain performance has been excellent. Hasn't snowed yet up here, but can report back when it does if anyone's interested.

Reactions: JackAttack