Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need Tesla for NEDRA Filming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,
NEDRA has been contacted by a film crew that wants to get some footage of some really fast electric cars. They will be filming on 23 September, 2011 down in southern California. We are trying to line up some of our conversions, bikes and wanted to know if someone from the Tesla community would like to make an appearance too. They are planning to rent a Volt to make their show around. I am urging them to find some faster cars to make it much more enjoyable to the viewers. These guys are out of LAX and typically film within 100 miles of home.

If you our anyone else in your group would like to help and can be flexible and show up where they decide to film that would be great.

You can get me either on EVDL, the NEDRA list or electrabishi at gmail dot com.

If there is anyone interested I will put you right in touch with the producer and you can keep up to date on the details.

Thanks
Mike Willmon

Have not seen the show.

So they are not able to find Volt owners and have to pay to have one there? What about renting Teslas?

Who drives the car(s)? Owners? Professional drivers, teamsters or...?

Is this straight line or Road racing?

Are there camera mounts attached to the cars?

Are they aware of charging needs?

Don't know all the answers to your questions. I think they want to feature drag racing cars, but I think any fast electric will fit their bill. I believe their testing was going to be on an old airstrip where they could race some fast cars against the Volt they plan to rent. I recommended to them they show up at a track to be able to get some time slips and verifiable data from the clocks. Short of that I am forwarding folks that are interested directly to the producer to coordinate location and time, and any other details. I believe you would drive your own rig for what they are wanting.

Anyone interested in checking on it send me a PM directly to my email address electrabishi at gmail dot com and I'll send you the producers phone number.

Cheers Mike

Last edited: