Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need Tesla Location/trip to avoid Fine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have just received a stupid ticked for parking in Tesco for 3.5hours which I did not!

I have slight memory of the day, but basically I went in Tesco, came out, done a shopping trip elsewhere and then a few hours later (more than 2) went back in and done a LARGE shop (more than £100) and went my marry way home.

Horizon sent me a letter of me entering at 3.20pm and exiting at 7pm (not exact times).

I have proof of a purchase in store at least 10th a away at 5pm.

But I can’t recall why I went to Tesco first and if I’ve made any purchases!!!

Is there a simple way to check my travel logs to figure this out?

I have gotten a lot of tickets from these scam companies recently and I’m tired. Those that are difficult to argue or time consuming I just pay but after getting tickets in my own assigned parking spot and now this I’m just tired 😒.

Also a funny one… the 1st pick is taken in bright daylight but the zoom in on the reg is dark (taken at night). The 2nd pic (exiting) is at night and the reg zoom in is also dark. This is additional proof they took the zoom in from my second entry not the first!
I would post a pic if it wasn’t that it’s my reg! 😂

Sometimes car parks have a no return policy of say 2 hours.
I definitely don’t intend to.

I want to appeal it, but because like most companies they ignore the appeals, the receipt of the other store at 5pm wouldn’t be enough.

If I had a Log of my journey I could prove I left.
I know you can do it with some apps for Tesla or something I just want to know how 😅

I definitely don’t intend to.

I want to appeal it, but because like most companies they ignore the appeals, the receipt of the other store at 5pm wouldn’t be enough.

If I had a Log of my journey I could prove I left.
I know you can do it with some apps for Tesla or something I just want to know how 😅
None of the Apps can provide you with trip logs if installed after the incident required.
They only provide logs once installed from that point on and will then store logs to go back to.
No other historical logs are available.

• Informative
Reactions: Blueskye
If you are happy that you complied with all the conditions then appeal it and supply a copy of the receipt from the other store. They'll probably reject the appeal as they always seem to do but if they know that there is evidence that you were somewhere else then the chance of them issuing proceedings is virtually nil so a few chasing letters is probably the worst that would happen after the appeal.

Simply ignoring them is another perfectly reasonable approach but if in the exceedingly unlikely event that it did end up in court judges do like to see that you at least tried to engage with them.

Overall, don't worry about it. It's only an annoyance.

Reactions: Blueskye
If you are happy that you complied with all the conditions then appeal it and supply a copy of the receipt from the other store. They'll probably reject the appeal as they always seem to do but if they know that there is evidence that you were somewhere else then the chance of them issuing proceedings is virtually nil so a few chasing letters is probably the worst that would happen after the appeal.

Simply ignoring them is another perfectly reasonable approach but if in the exceedingly unlikely event that it did end up in court judges do like to see that you at least tried to engage with them.

Overall, don't worry about it. It's only an annoyance.
Thanks.
That was the plan appeal it while explaining the entering and exit.
The receipt on its own may not be much hence I hoped I could see journey log or something.

I wonder if Tesla may have the journey history without the location?
For example showing the car driving at 4.15 pm will be pretty good circumstantial evidence along the receipt that I could have not been in Tesco when the allege.

I’ll check sentry as well just in case there’s something there as I never delete stuff and this is pretty recent… 😅

The appeals process for these companies doesn't exist - they won't take evidence from any apps either.. because they're not interested in evidence. Mostly their MO is to send scary letters with increasing amounts of money (often using red ink and threatening dire consequences) to get people to pay up.

Only if they actually decide to take you to court (rare, but does happen) does evidence matter, and I'd expect the receipt alone would be enough (plus anything else you can dig up in the meantime of course).

Your first course is try to get the store to cancel it.. they're often more reasonable.

It is a known issue with ANPR cameras in that they are not 100% reliable at capturing data, If you google it you will find evidence that it seems particular to car parks that vehicles leaving sometimes don't get recorded - like if your following the car in front rather closely so the plate isn't seen by the camera, therefore its possible that your second visit recorded you leaving and they have taken the whole period as time in the car park- though there should be another data entry for you entering on your second visit- get them to check their records.
I think your best bet is to start gathering evidence of where you were in-between the two visits and submit to the appeal process, however most parking companies seem to have an appeal system that rejects most appeals. Submit your appeal and evidence and if they fail to accept it then just ignore every single contact from them until you get the notice before action letter, then mail them indicating you are happy for a court to decide the outcome based on the evidence you will be submitting to them.
This is a civil case and therefore the evidence you submit doesn't have to be beyond all reasonable doubt - In Civil proceedings the burden of proof is on the balance of probabilities. The case has to be a breach of contract and only a court can decide if there has been a breach - if it concludes there was a breach then the court has to decide what the value of that breach is - and that is almost certainly less than the parking companies "!fines" are set at.

Given the circumstances I wouldn't think the company will go to court but will be hoping to get payment by sending lots of threatening letters, especially ones that say you will get a CCJ and your credit rating damaged, all complete tosh. If and that's a big IF - they take you to court and the court finds against you then you have 28 days to pay the fine and if you do that there is no CCJ or credit score damage.

Reactions: init6