Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need the best strategy for having 2 keys + 2 phone keys.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I accidentally erased my wife's key card (while messing to add my daughter), which is not supposed to happen without using my key as 'confirmation'... but it happened. And since I used her card to set up her phone as a key, it disabled her phone as well. Fortunately, I was home when my wife realized nothing worked... or she'd had been even more upset. Ha ha.

So what's the best strategy to add phones as key, for maximum safety of that to happen again somehow? There are 4 ways to add 2 phones, so please suggest which might be the best, taking into account we carry our own key in case it's needed, and we will link our profile to both key and phone, so here are the 4 combinations:
1. Add both phones with my key (#1)
2. Add both phones with my wife's key (#2)
3. Add each phone with our own key (the way we did it initially)
4. Add each phone with each other's key (the way I think might be best).

Thanks gang.
JC

Add the keys with any keycard you want on any order you want. Then go through and associate each one by changing the driver profile up top, then clicking the little person icon next to the key you want to associate with that profile.

Yeah, I'm going to rename the key cards with our names too, to avoid confusion; they only said 'unidentified card', or something like that. And thinking about it, my daughter may have put my card to 'authorize' the removal of the other. If that was the case, it doesn't matter that much which card is used to add a phone indeed, since you need the other to remove it. Will get it fixed today. Thanks man.