Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need thoughts on finishing a trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do we reliably get to fort smith, Arkansas From Dallas ft worth? I don’t see any chargers between Denison and Van buren. I tried to see if someone can get me a charge overnight in fort smith. Has anyone done this recently?

If you put your destination in your car while you're at home, what route does it show you?

ABRP suggests getting a full charge at Texarkana and then driving north for my Model Y. It's 180 miles from Texarkana to Fort Smith on roads with speed limits probably more like 50 to 60 miles per hour, so Wh/mile will be lower. It's also a beautiful drive through some really pretty rolling hills.

The Texarkana Supercharger is in the Olive Garden parking lot. It might be a good stop for lunch or dinner and wait for a full charge on the car.

1649684796096.png

There are a LOT of people wanting the Henrietta, OK, Supercharger to be built. Either that or CCS adapter available in North America so we can fill the gaps.

Good luck!

The eastern route through Texarkana adds 90 miles but is probably the most reliable option. If you go direct via Denison, TX, the leg to Fort Smith is 205 miles, but cutting through Wilburton saves 9 miles and puts you on slower roads. This is doable if you have favorable weather and keep your speed in check. If you have a CHAdeMO adapter, there are a few charging options on the direct route that will save considerable time compared to going through Texarkana. Also note I'm routing to the Supercharger in Van Buren rather than directly to Fort Smith.

Last edited:
The eastern route through Texarkana adds 90 miles but is probably the most reliable option. If you go direct via Denison, TX, the leg to Fort Smith is 205 miles, but cutting through Wilburton saves 9 miles and puts you on slower roads. This is doable if you have favorable weather and keep your speed in check. If you have a CHAdeMO adapter, there are a few charging options on the direct route that will save considerable time compared to going through Texarkana. Also note I'm routing to the Supercharger in Van Buren rather than directly to Fort Smith.

And according to PlugShare there are several CHAdeMO sites on that route - that could be really helpful. And I think the Francis Energy sites all have a CHAdeMO adapter on hand for customers. The Rover Taxi site definitely does as there are comments on PlugShare about it.

That would be GREAT on this route.

1649688263842.png

WOW. That would be so much better. This is using my Model Y as the reference vehicle with speed at 100%. It might be best to plan for a stop in Denison to top up. And the trip time doesn't count the 52 minutes at Rover Taxi because of the way I setup the route so it's actually closer to 5h 16m. Still considerably quicker than Texarkana. But I can't vouch for the scenery - it's not my state ;)

Reactions: Big Earl