Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need to cancel my solar panel order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have got my permits done and ready for installation but would like to cancel my installation and the entire process. I understand I would lose my $100 non-refundable deposit. Are there any other penalties that Tesla can pursue. Anybody else who has been through this and can share their experience.

I cancelled a solar panel only order in 2019 and Tesla kept my $100 and that was it. We were all the way to the scheduling phase but because of a family emergency I pulled the plug.

In 2020 we ordered panels and powerwalls and got them installed... but that’s another story.

I cancelled a solar panel only order in 2019 and Tesla kept my $100 and that was it. We were all the way to the scheduling phase but because of a family emergency I pulled the plug.

In 2020 we ordered panels and powerwalls and got them installed... but that’s another story.
Thanks @jhn_ - I am also in the scheduling process and sent 2 text messages to my advisor telling him that I would like to cancel my contract. The only reply I keep getting is to call them to schedule my installation. Should I continue to now ignore them ? How did you cancel - by sending a note or ?

Mine was through email after a few tries. But this was 2019 when they were busy and a bit hard to get a hold of, but not swamped and impossible to get a hold of like now.

I would second the recommendation to call the energy support number (877-731-7652) and talk to whomever answers about cancelling. I wouldn’t imagine you need to get your specific advisor to do this.

I have got my permits done and ready for installation but would like to cancel my installation and the entire process. I understand I would lose my $100 non-refundable deposit. Are there any other penalties that Tesla can pursue. Anybody else who has been through this and can share their experience.
Is the option to cancel gone when you log into your account? You should be able to hit that and be done with it. That’s what I did with the solar roof install.

I would expect that there were some fees for the permit process. Tesla may want to recapture those since they had to pay them if your building department charges such fees. Mine does.

I would expect that there were some fees for the permit process. Tesla may want to recapture those since they had to pay them if your building department charges such fees. Mine does.
I did not experience Tesla asking for permit fees or other monies for time spent all the way up through scheduling when we cancelled. And I have not heard of anyone else being asked for more than simply not getting their deposit back when cancelling. I think Tesla has factored this in as a cost of doing business.