TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Need to contact Tesla... The inevitable delivery/holiday clash has happened!

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by AlternateFlux, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Mr Miserable

Mr Miserable Member

No I'm on holiday - delayed delivery until 24th.

2. andics

andics Member

I am curious to see what happened...

In the same circumstances they gave away my car and now I have no VIN, no idea when another one will be available...

3. Leo UK

Leo UK Member

Thats why I am not rushing them for a date as I am away 21st-31st and don't want a date then- be interesting to see how long they keep you waiting having passed yours on to another.

4. AlternateFlux

AlternateFlux Local Vendor - The UK & Ireland

Tesla just called...

The phone rang ONCE and then they hung up.

Still no email or contact. T -24 to 'delivery' and I'm in Albania (don't ask) with no way to reschedule accept wait for them to call.

I'm stupidly stressed (and yes, I know it's for essentially no reason), and now, knowing I'm being stressed over nothing is making me more stressed.

5. Leo UK

Leo UK Member

They all try you again or reschedule you- It will happen my friend and you will be ok and happy when back home.

• Like x 1
  6. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Waiting patiently for a tow

If your reactions are longer than one ring to answer a phone, you do not have the required skills to drive a Tesla. Suggest you look for a pre owned Reliant Robin which will improve your reactions in a slower moving environment ;)

• Funny x 3
  7. AlternateFlux

I got an email from Tesla for a rearranged date...

They replied to my mail eventually, where I told them that I wasn't back in the country until the 19th and could do a pick up on 20th OR the 22nd (because I have a hospital appointment on the 21st).

My date?

9am on the 21st.

FFS.

I obviously don't deserve this car.

(And I'm now having to consider rearranging my surgery(!) consultancy to collect).

• Like x 1
  8. Mr Miserable

Mr Miserable Member

FFS indeed.

..and don't FFS rearrange your surgery.

9. Leo UK

Leo UK Member

Quite

10. Leo UK

Leo UK Member

Hey Mr Miserable- any rearranged date for you?

11. Mr Miserable

Mr Miserable Member

I refer you to post 21 on this thread.

12. Leo UK

Leo UK Member

Merci

13. eddycrim

eddycrim Member

I also have a holiday clash... but only just. I have to fly at about 4 PM on Friday 23rd and the delivery slot is 5 PM on Friday 23rd!!

I could pick it up before midday on the same day. Do you think its worth me calling the Service Center in Stockport? Surely the cars arrive the day before? I don't care if its not prepped. Or should I just turn up in the morning? Does anyone have experience of moving the slot on the day?

14. AlternateFlux

Definitely worth writing to them, they *should* be able to help. (On the delivery GB address).

I've got a second email response from Delivery GB today asking me to set a date for when I can collect - finally after three days.

I'd imagine they have a few to process on the day so they could well be able to move you forward by a few hours at least.

A warning though... Tesla have said that there is a seven day delivery window. So if you've planned more than a week away, you could well 'lose your slot'.

Good luck.

15. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

• Informative x 2
  16. Leo UK

Leo UK Member