Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need to decide: Silver or Gray?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Opinions welcome, I just have a couple days till the build!

Three personal favorites:
silver with black interior (classic, but some may find boring and all chrome accents fade into the car)
blue with tan interior (sharp, the blue outlines the car nicely and all the chrome accents pop. Keep in mind tan interiors in Minnesota are difficult to keep clean and show everything, if that bothers you)
black with black or tan interior (also classic, but it outlines the car nicely and all the chrome accents pop. Keep in mind tan interiors in Minnesota are difficult to keep clean and show everything, if that bothers you.)

Not a huge fan of dolphin gray, as it has a gray blue green hue. Again, just my personal opinion.

An update on this - got this email from Tesla:

"It is too late to make changes to this Model S. Please inform the customer that we cannot change the paint to Grey Metallic."

Oddly, by profile still says "sourcing parts", but I guess you can't cut it too close. But decided, yes, I can live with a silver Tesla :)

This was what I went for :)
P85.jpg

Sorry, did not see you already decided for silver ;)

An update on this - got this email from Tesla:

"It is too late to make changes to this Model S. Please inform the customer that we cannot change the paint to Grey Metallic."

Oddly, by profile still says "sourcing parts", but I guess you can't cut it too close. But decided, yes, I can live with a silver Tesla :)

Yes, I am biased. But I love my silver and I think you'll be happy with it too. Not only does it look great, it's also much easier to maintain.

As previously stated all of the colors are great but there is a reason Tesla uses silver in so many ads. It is the best one!

Of course the best is not available to everyone and you'll need to pass certain qualifiers to actually be allowed ownership. While many over rely on their Mensa scores, I find the swimsuit completion results to be a much clearer indicator.

These are great posts, thanks!

I actually have a couple silver cars, one which is rather famous around these parts – Ghost X, which is a 2000 (1[SUP]st[/SUP] model year) MDX, also known as the Death Star. And when I ordered the Tesla, silver was a natural choice, as I have a mile of dirt road to deal with, and silver always looks clean.

But I did get in a gray mindset, as silver with the black pano is, well, in no sense subtle, and I’m of a certain age where I don’t really need to shout out anymore. But while I do think gray has this pretty cool and understated look, I have no objection to showing the world “hey, this is an awesome car, you should think of getting off gas and trying one of these!”

Just doing my part to save the world… :)