Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need to hear from Arkansas owners re: Sales Tax

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was overcharged $780 on the sales tax for my S because the state calculated my charge based on the Cash Price of the vehicle rather than the Total Vehicle price. The explanation given by the State was , the "Price Adjustment," (which showed the discount) had to be worded, " Dealer Discount." Tesla responded to me that they can not use such verbiage because the company is a manufacturer and thus, Federal law prohibits Tesla from using such language to show a discount. I'm attempting to locate other Arkansas Tesla owners to if they've had similar problems. I'm in the process of contacting my state representative the seek his help. There is not an Arkansas Tesla Club even though I've heard we have about 300 statewide owners (enough for Tesla to move a tech to Little Rock). Any thought or shared experiences are welcome.

I was overcharged $780 on the sales tax for my S because the state calculated my charge based on the Cash Price of the vehicle rather than the Total Vehicle price. The explanation given by the State was , the "Price Adjustment," (which showed the discount) had to be worded, " Dealer Discount." Tesla responded to me that they can not use such verbiage because the company is a manufacturer and thus, Federal law prohibits Tesla from using such language to show a discount. I'm attempting to locate other Arkansas Tesla owners to if they've had similar problems. I'm in the process of contacting my state representative the seek his help. There is not an Arkansas Tesla Club even though I've heard we have about 300 statewide owners (enough for Tesla to move a tech to Little Rock). Any thought or shared experiences are welcome.