Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need to jack my 2020 Model S Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They gave me the old tire. Plan is to have a local shop fix tire and I will find a used Sonic Carbon Slipstream Wheel and mount fixed tire on it so I will have a spare "just in case".
Again, this is not repairable. Very bad idea that endangers you and everyone on the road around you. Even as a “just in case” backup. Not trying to knock you - just being honest.

Here is what I did. I put a new tire on wheel at the SC and it costs $330 this morning. They did a wonderful job of not marking the rim. Toke them a whole 30 mins.

They gave me the old tire. Plan is to have a local shop fix tire and I will find a used Sonic Carbon Slipstream Wheel and mount fixed tire on it so I will have a spare "just in case".

Thank you for all replies.

M
The cost is for tire and mounting, great! Same pilot tire, what are the tire numbers. Can't see from your pic above.

Thank you. After I removed the metal piece they could not get the tire to leak. Bubble test.

M
Sure, it doesn’t leak and that’s fine. The problem is that if you drive on it you can have a sidewall blowout. If that happens it won’t be a little pressure lost slowly. It would be a sudden burst with probable loss of control.

Here is what I did. I put a new tire on wheel at the SC and it costs $330 this morning. They did a wonderful job of not marking the rim. Toke them a whole 30 mins.

Thank you for all replies.

M
A follow up please @Gadget-X . Did you take the tire for repair?