Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need to land on a car firm by Weds. Help me choose please.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(Chiming in late) I would go with P85. has same performance of 85D even though P85 doesn't have AP I would go for it manly because we need some of the extra features(Dont know if you need the features). If you do change your mind that P85D would be the better of both choices!:D

• Funny
Reactions: Indpowr
Could you up your purchase price and get a 90D? Everything I have read says the newer 90D is better built than the 85's. Of course that info is via forum so who knows! At any rate, you will be pleased with either vehicle.

A 16 90D CPO is cheapest is 85k. that's P85D money.

We can add a range to the car making it a 90D for 3k.

As far as options
Don't car about sound, subzero, rear seats, wheels, lighting, or fogs, duals charges, or red calibers

I am upgrading to Alcantara black headliner, new wheels, new caliber paint, and new nose.

Air Suspension would be nice but if we own the car outside of warranty could cost a lot to fix.

Extended leather would have been awesome. but I have a side business doing car leather interiors lol

Next gen seats would have been nice too lol

Here is my wife's 2010 2SS/RS Camaro. I had it gutted with 46 miles and full leather Alcantara everywhere.

Debating getting into the Tesla market.
FB_IMG_1484024306317.jpg
FB_IMG_1484024309708.jpg

Confirmation going back to the 85D. will mod it up some if the wife likes it.

I also would go with the 85D. AWD, P85 level performance, AP, and newer build with many small continuous improvements from Tesla. I bought an 85D from a private seller, and I have been extremely happy with my choice.

I do not think you can upgrade to a 90 kWh pack for $3k, except for when ordering a custom build. It will cost a lot more than that to swap out an 85 pack for a 90 kWh one. It is not just a software upgrade. The cell chemistry was changed with some Silicon added to the anode to get 90 kWh. The older 85 kWh chemistry has some advantages, such as less range degradation for the first few months, and faster supercharging when below anout 8-10% SOC.

The 90 kWh battery can provide slightly more power. This helps the PxxD models which have motors that can take the full battery power. I don't know if 85D motors are maxed out, or if they also could benefit from more battery power.

GSP

• Informative
Reactions: Indpowr