TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Need to remove footwell carpet and soundproofing

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by AquaMan, Oct 11, 2019.

1. AquaMan

AquaMan Member

As you see from my avatar, my Model 3 will be a student driver car. To do this I need to install passenger-side foot controls. It's a very standard kit which uses cables through housings similar to bicycle brakes or motorcycle clutches. The cables pull down the driver-side pedals. The kit is supposed to be nearly-universal for almost any car, but it's a bit fussy to get it right.

AAANYWAY... To do this I need to get to the bare metal firewall, to bolt the system to the sheet metal. Mine is RWD which may make this easier. I was recently under the car while it was lifted, and the mechanic removed the plastic so I could take a good look -- Nothing interferes from the underside.

So... Any tutorials, photos, videos or advice about removing the footwell carpet on both sides of a Model 3?

• Like x 1
  2. beachmiles

beachmiles Member

Any luck on this? I'm trying to do the same thing to remove the driver's foot rest / dead pedal

• Like x 1
  3. AquaMan

AquaMan Member

I haven't started yet, but I'm told the first step is removing the panel on the center console.