Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need to repair scratch/dent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tmx1

Nov 23, 2021
ca
Hit a curb while turning and got a small dent and some scratches on the driver side near the bottom of the car, just behind the front wheel of my Model 3. Do I need to bring it in to a shop and pay hundreds or thousands to get it professionally repaired? It seems cosmetic to me, so I was planning to just use the Paint touchup Kit on the scratches and leave the dent.

Attachments

• PXL_20211123_170430122.jpg
    PXL_20211123_170430122.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 192
Hit a curb while turning and got a small dent and some scratches on the driver side near the bottom of the car, just behind the front wheel of my Model 3. Do I need to bring it in to a shop and pay hundreds or thousands to get it professionally repaired? It seems cosmetic to me, so I was planning to just use the Paint touchup Kit on the scratches and leave the dent.

Depending on anal you are about your car's appearance, you will either be content, or disappointed, with the results of applying touch up paint. But you wont be thrilled.
The alternative is a complete repaint of the effected body panels, and will likely run into high-3's / low 4-digits.

Try the touch-up approach first. Less paint is more. You can always add another layer, but fixing paint runs is not fun, nor pretty.
Then pay the pro's when you feel you can't look at the results of your DIY work anymore.
;)