Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need to sell my new model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello very new here so hope this is okay. My wife and I are actually staying in our Condo that only has a 110 outlet in the garage and are going to start a family. I'm going to get a midsize car for the time being and hopefully transition to the Y once we buy a home and can charge accordingly. With all that being said I need to sell my car. Trading in is terrible cause these dealerships always try to screw you over. I only want to sell for a fair price or slightly under fair value for other Tesla enthusiasts. What would be a fair price for a perfect condition never filled to 100 % black 2019 Model 3 7200 miles Rear wheel Drive Full self driving. 53,700 Sticker price. I was thinking around 48,500? Do people sell on these Forums? Thanks for your help.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Yes, they sell on this forum. You should simply delete this thread because it's not useful to actually selling your car. You have less than an hour before you can delete this thread, then its permanent. And its in the wrong section. Go back to the front of the forum and scroll down to the bottom. There's a Tesla For Sale section. Post it there with any information that will help. Include pictures. Yes, we know what it looks like, but people will still ask for pictures and some people will be not so nice about asking for the pictures. And yes, that's a reasonable price. Don't forget to account for the tax credit. Because 'they' will.
Be complete with your description. Don't forget, having a family - Teslas including the 3 are the safest cars being build.
You are welcome, sorry you are having to sell.

Reactions: P85_DA
What would be a fair price for a perfect condition never filled to 100 % black 2019 Model 3 7200 miles Rear wheel Drive Full self driving. 53,700 Sticker price. I was thinking around 48,500? Do people sell on these Forums? Thanks for your help.

I think that's an unrealistic price, saying as you can buy a brand new AWD (without FSD, granted), for 48K.

Yes, they sell on this forum. You should simply delete this thread because it's not useful to actually selling your car. You have less than an hour before you can delete this thread, then its permanent. And its in the wrong section. Go back to the front of the forum and scroll down to the bottom. There's a Tesla For Sale section. Post it there with any information that will help. Include pictures. Yes, we know what it looks like, but people will still ask for pictures and some people will be not so nice about asking for the pictures. And yes, that's a reasonable price. Don't forget to account for the tax credit. Because 'they' will.
Be complete with your description. Don't forget, having a family - Teslas including the 3 are the safest cars being build.
You are welcome, sorry you are having to sell.
Thank you so much. Very Helpful! Will do that shortly.

Reactions: Akikiki
I think that's an unrealistic price, saying as you can buy a brand new AWD (without FSD, granted), for 48K.

But this one has FSD...
That's like saying it is unreasonable to ask $500k for a house with a pool when i could buy a house down the street without a pool for $450k. Cool, this one has a pool, something with value that the other option doesn't have.

You are in a terrible position and will take a big hit. The 110 outlet should be fine unless you are driving 100+ miles a day. Based on what you provided a new version of that car is $45,740 less $1,750. Based on your asking price I would expect a Performance+ version with 7,500 miles. I would price yours at $32k to $35k or so.

Do you have Long Range RWD? You don't say but that is worth more than the Standard Range or Mid Range

The price seems reasonable if LR ; though you will need a buyer that values FSD to get that amount which could be hard to find. FSD is a pricey option which some buyers would only want to give you pennies on the dollar for.
The price is too high for SR or MR ; IMO.

Last edited:
Do you have Long Range RWD? You don't say but that is worth more than the Standard Range or Mid Range

The price seems reasonable if LR ; though you will need a buyer that values FSD to get that amount which could be hard to find. FSD is a pricey option which some buyers would only want to give you pennies on the dollar for.
The price is too high for SR or MR ; IMO.
Great Point. It is Long Range

Brand new AWD, LR, Black, without FSD (standard interior and Aero wheels since you didn't mention those options on yours) is about $48750 right now. Minus about $2K worth of tax credit that new cars get, that puts a new one at $46K before the RWD vs AWD price difference, which I would say worth minimum of $3K if not more. Then we are looking at $43K new, another more simple method would be taking the $39K standard range plus RWD and add about $5K for LR. If yours have free lifetime supercharging it may be worth a bit more.

Either way a new LR, Black, without FSD avg to about $43500 based on the pricing method above. Personally I wouldn't consider an slightly used car unless it's at least 15% cheaper than comparable new one, which will put yours at $37K.
10% cheaper=$39K, 15% cheaper=$37K.
These are the prices without FSD. As for FSD, I think it will be hard to get more than 25-35% of the price you paid for when selling your car used.

On the other hand, I have been using mine with 110v charger since I got it, will use superchargers or public 6kw charger sometimes but it's totally manageable unless you drive more than 70-80 miles per day.

Hello very new here so hope this is okay. My wife and I are actually staying in our Condo that only has a 110 outlet in the garage and are going to start a family. I'm going to get a midsize car for the time being and hopefully transition to the Y once we buy a home and can charge accordingly. With all that being said I need to sell my car. Trading in is terrible cause these dealerships always try to screw you over. I only want to sell for a fair price or slightly under fair value for other Tesla enthusiasts. What would be a fair price for a perfect condition never filled to 100 % black 2019 Model 3 7200 miles Rear wheel Drive Full self driving. 53,700 Sticker price. I was thinking around 48,500? Do people sell on these Forums? Thanks for your help.

I think you'll be in a better position if you keep the Model 3 for a while. They're family-friendly for up to two kids, which should buy you enough time for a Model Y, although if you have more than two kids, you might want to look at an X instead.

Houston has quite a few Superchargers available, which can supplement your 120 volt charging situation. I'd be hard-pressed to take a loss on a Model 3 to go back to an ICE.

I'm going to get a midsize car for the time being and hopefully transition to the Y once we buy a home and can charge accordingly.

What are you considering as a mid-sized car? Because a 3 is definitely not compact. The rears seats have more room than any of my previous sedans. My teenage girls are back there often with room to spare. Sounds more like the 110 charging is the main issue here. I would stick with the 3 if you can manage around that.

Reactions: alexGS and EVGo99
Just added a second child to the back seat of our model 3. I’m 6’4, I had to lose a tiny bit of leg room, but am still more then comfortable in the car.

We have use a travel sized stroller with a bassinet insert, takes up very little room in the car. Most strollers are unnecessarily large and people seem to think that’s what is needed.

Save the $ for the Y when it’s time. Your car 3 will retain value until then.

Reactions: Big Earl
OP- you're going to lose a lot of money in depreciation and taxes if you trade out your car so it probably won't make any fiscal sense. If you do decide you need/want to sell your car, do yourself a favor and don't post it in the TMC classifieds. If you post it there, you will have multiple posters hijacking the thread and ridiculing you for the price. Moderators don't seem to care or monitor the thread, it's just a big mess and really disgraceful. Here's but one example....

2016.5 Model S P90DL Over $175K Invested Aero Kit Version 3 Battery

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
I have two young kids, 2 months and 2 years old, and the model 3 is working out great. While our mid size suv has more room, the model 3 has plenty for day trips and general running around. We are even taking it on a road trip soon. I do expect that to be a bit on the tight side with all of the kid stuff required. A roof rack and box might buy you enough extra space for longer drives.

I can't imagine any mid size car having a meaningful amount more room. Our car seats fit just fine. If I were you I would consider holding onto it for a bit and then move to a Y when that comes out. Otherwise you will take a bath on this car as well as the next one you buy for the interim.

Keep your car. You can price your car right now for $54k with AWD, so knock off $4k for AWD, leaves $50k. Then knock of $2k for the tax credit, so $48k. Then depreciation on a used car with 7k miles. I dunno, I'd think $42k would be tops. Really, you should keep it. 110v can work, if you supplement it with supercharging. You may even have 2 different 110v outlets, that can be combined for a 220v. There's an adapter for that.

But this one has FSD...
That's like saying it is unreasonable to ask $500k for a house with a pool when i could buy a house down the street without a pool for $450k. Cool, this one has a pool, something with value that the other option doesn't have.

A better analogy would be paying $500k for a house with an empty pool, which might, eventually, be able to be filled up vs. a $450K house without one.
Point taken though...there's certainly a little apples to oranges here.

Reactions: alexGS