Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need to vent about my 2022 MYP service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
snip…And then if you complain too much they blacklist you.... 'no soup for you!'
I do not think Tesla blacklists. My own personal account during 2022 resulted in no blacklisting.

My car had significant alignment gaps between 3 doors and adjacent panels. The trunk had some misalignments too.

Sc #1 everything was in spec but they claim my door with no issue was out of spec and “fix it”, resulting in a new misalignment.

A month later I took car to another SC and asked for the issues to be addressed. I didn’t mention that I had taken the car elsewhere before.
The second SC said all except one issues was out of spec. They sent car to a body shop. Car came back with all issues corrected.

Last edited:
I understand the frustration, especially with you having to go back and forth for nothing. My MYP is currently in the shop for the HV Battery and I won't be getting it back until August 25th. They had to order the battery from CA. I guess I'm fortunate they put me in a S loaner. I have always been treated well at the Austin service center so I'm thankful for that and haven't had to be there more than 4 times between all our models. I will say this about your battery issue...I was notified to bring the car in immediately for the replacement. At least they didn't just blow it off and say bring it in whenever. That would not have been good since it won't charge and cool properly.
Wish I could say the same about the Vegas service center. They had mine for over a month, couldn't figure out what was causing it to fault. Kept ordering different parts, harnesses, controllers. Even had to reach out to engineers to figure it out. Then tell me its all set, just to fly back there and have it fault again on me when I hit a bump. Mind you I am needing to drive this 1800 miles across country to my new residents, so luckily it broke down again while there and not in the middle of nowhere. They said this time the only thing else it could be was the HV battery which they ordered. Shows a date on my app of Aug 15th, but I bet that will change. The communication via the tesla app from them is horrible, lack of response.

It was really random when it first did it. Got the dreaded "Vehicle may not restart, service required", then BMS_A036 error, and a few others. Then the whole car shut off, couldn't even get inside it. Had to have it towed out of my garage.

Its been 48 days and counting being in service. I just want my car back. Mind you I got the vehicle the end of Feb this year and its been in service 2 months out of that time.

Wish I could say the same about the Vegas service center. They had mine for over a month, couldn't figure out what was causing it to fault. Kept ordering different parts, harnesses, controllers. Even had to reach out to engineers to figure it out. Then tell me its all set, just to fly back there and have it fault again on me when I hit a bump. Mind you I am needing to drive this 1800 miles across country to my new residents, so luckily it broke down again while there and not in the middle of nowhere. They said this time the only thing else it could be was the HV battery which they ordered. Shows a date on my app of Aug 15th, but I bet that will change. The communication via the tesla app from them is horrible, lack of response.

It was really random when it first did it. Got the dreaded "Vehicle may not restart, service required", then BMS_A036 error, and a few others. Then the whole car shut off, couldn't even get inside it. Had to have it towed out of my garage.

Its been 48 days and counting being in service. I just want my car back. Mind you I got the vehicle the end of Feb this year and its been in service 2 months out of that time.
May be this will help you?

'I have a 2020 MY with less than 4k miles. Received VCFRONT_a192 & BMS_a036 a few days ago. Car was shut down and undrivable. Towed to SC. Got the car back yesterday. Nothing replaced per invoice. I asked them what was the problem. Here's their reply:
"Essentially, we unplugged, reconnected the terminals connected to the battery and retorqued to specification to ensure the system was functioning as designed. No parts were needed to be replaced"
"At this time, after escalating to our Engineering team, it was determined that the check ups done resolved the low power/shutdown concern with the vehicle and no parts were needed to be replaced" '

May be give them that information, and ask them to do a road test including Supercharging. You can tell them the time it took you to see the fault upon receipt of the car before (e.g. 10 minutes into the drive the error happened, at this approximate location...).

May be this will help you?

'I have a 2020 MY with less than 4k miles. Received VCFRONT_a192 & BMS_a036 a few days ago. Car was shut down and undrivable. Towed to SC. Got the car back yesterday. Nothing replaced per invoice. I asked them what was the problem. Here's their reply:
"Essentially, we unplugged, reconnected the terminals connected to the battery and retorqued to specification to ensure the system was functioning as designed. No parts were needed to be replaced"
"At this time, after escalating to our Engineering team, it was determined that the check ups done resolved the low power/shutdown concern with the vehicle and no parts were needed to be replaced" '

May be give them that information, and ask them to do a road test including Supercharging. You can tell them the time it took you to see the fault upon receipt of the car before (e.g. 10 minutes into the drive the error happened, at this approximate location...).
Thanks but they did all that stuff, but did replace parts and it still does it. They road tested about 100 miles on it, couldn't get it to fault a few times. They thought it was all set but guess not. They said the only thing left is to replace the HV battery. But yeah, def seems like something loose. All I did was hit a big bump and it threw the error again. But the first time it did it, I was parked.

What a nightmare! You may want to chat with an attorney. Good luck.