Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need to wait before ceramic coat?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to DIY ceramic coat my white model Y (delivery in 10 days!).
I've done a model X before, but now I'm worried about the paint or any protective overcoat being 'soft' right out of the factory, and so doing damage by cleaning/claybar/etc.
Any thoughts on how long I should wait? 2 weeks? a month?
SF Bay Area (Berkeley), so lots of fog, car will be garaged, so car won't be sitting in hot sun much (in case that changes curing time).

thanks in advance

I just did a Model Y for a friend with Kamikaze Ceramic two step coating with paint correction and it came out amazing. Vehicle was only a week old.

car
upload_2020-8-22_10-2-25.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: CoNoDe and X-pilot
FWIW when I took delivery of my multi-coat 2018 P3D+, my go-to pro detailer/protection expert came to the Fremont delivery center with me (...a major favor) to do a full inspection to be sure there were no serious paint issues (fortunately, none). He then was the first to drive the car--he took it back to his shop (in Fremont) and did a full paint correction and full cQuartz Finest Reserve. So basically no waiting (as the car had just rolled off the assembly line). All good.

• Helpful
Reactions: CO_MY