Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need Trip Advice for Las Vegas to Zion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am planning to drive from Seattle to TMC Connect at Monterey. After that, I am thinking of driving to Las Vegas and then to Zion National Park. It looks like there aren't any Superchargers that serves the route between Las Vegas to Zion. The "coming soon" map at Tesla Motors show 2-3 superchargers. So here are my questions:

1. Will the 2-3 superchargers be open by TMC Connect in July 18th?

2. If not open by then, can I make it the trip to Zion and back to Las Vegas including time in Zion if I spend only 1 night at Zion?

3. I have never been to Zion, how many days should I spent there?

4. What lodging with charging options do I have?

Any other advice? Thanks for your help!

You can look for RV parks to charge at. Take a hike and enjoy the park while charging.

Call to see if they have "50 Amp service" pricing and availability. RVParking.com is one resource to find them.

GSP

At Zion, there are actually TWO sections of the Park to explore.
The Zion Canyon is the main one that most people visit, and the Kolob Canyons section, which is off to the Northwest (you actually exit out of the Park, and drive around to the other entrance).
The park can be as challenging as you may want it to be.
Plan ahead for lots of hiking on trails.
There are some amazing areas to explore in BOTH sections of the Park.
If you intend to stay at the Lodge inside the Park, be sure to have reservations.

A bit further Northeast and also NOT to be missed, is Bryce Canyon National Park.
It is possible to stay inside (at the Lodge) or outside Bryce Canyon.
Best views of the Canyon and Hoodoos are at dusk and dawn (sunlight glancing off the tops).
You can hike some, but due to the Elevation, you may run out of breath climbing up and down the canyon.
Or you can take a mule or horse-back ride down into the Canyon (well worth it).

And The Big Kahuna, actually crossing back into Northern Arizona, is North Rim of the Grand Canyon to the Southeast.
There is a Lodge there, and lots of cabins.

When you call for reservations, be sure to ask about possible charging.
I have a couple of RV books/directories for refernece, and can send you some phone numbers and locations if you are interested.

(Okay, I just burned up all the extra time you WERE going to spend in Zion...):wink:

I'll bring some maps to TMC Connect - printed on actual paper ! Zion NP is top-o-the-line, really amazing. You should be prepAred to do some hiking, which takes time, plus you have to get out of your car to do it. In ANY other car, that's no problem, but . . . :wink:
I'd say plan for two entire days within the park, I like to take my time. I mean, you went to the trouble to get there, right? Oh, and there is A LOT of other great So. UT sites & sights. If that St. George SC is operational by then you've got it made.
I didn't mean for this post to go so long, but it's exciting ! Point is, I'll bring maps. ML