Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need Window Tint Recommendation in San Diego

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Careful to keep the front windows legal. A friend had an accident with illegal tint. There were injuries to the other party. Insurance company didn't have to pay a dime as the court said he was operating a vehicle outside the vehicle code and the insurance company had contracted in good faith with what they thought was a legal vehicle. It's costing him a fortune. It was at night so he could not see well due to tint.

Careful to keep the front windows legal. A friend had an accident with illegal tint. There were injuries to the other party. Insurance company didn't have to pay a dime as the court said he was operating a vehicle outside the vehicle code and the insurance company had contracted in good faith with what they thought was a legal vehicle. It's costing him a fortune. It was at night so he could not see well due to tint.

oh man! Good to know, thanks for the heads up!

Monumental Workx did a great job putting Spectra Photosync on my car. Love it!

20150903_140159.jpg

From other threads, I believe he went with 55 on sides and rear. I did as well. Monumental Workx isn't that large -- I talked to Theo when I set up my appt while my MS was on order (Theo is who Jool told me to contact), and another when I arrived to have the work done as Theo wasn't there. Great job.

Jool, what shades did you get on each of the windows?

Any specific person that you worked with at Monumental Workx that you recommend, or not recommend?
Thanx!!

From other threads, I believe he went with 55 on sides and rear. I did as well. Monumental Workx isn't that large -- I talked to Theo when I set up my appt while my MS was on order (Theo is who Jool told me to contact), and another when I arrived to have the work done as Theo wasn't there. Great job.

Hey guys, sorry I was out of town and couldn't check anything on the forum! Bert is right, I went with 55 on the sides and rear since I didn't really want the dark look on my car. They have 35 too if you prefer the windows to look darker. All my communication with Monumental Workx was with Theo, he and his team did a great job with my car and I would recommend them to anyone looking to have Spectra Photosync tint installed!

Hey guys, sorry I was out of town and couldn't check anything on the forum! Bert is right, I went with 55 on the sides and rear since I didn't really want the dark look on my car. They have 35 too if you prefer the windows to look darker. All my communication with Monumental Workx was with Theo, he and his team did a great job with my car and I would recommend them to anyone looking to have Spectra Photosync tint installed!

Thanks for the info. I'll probably end up using them too as I think they're still the only Photosynch installer in my area. Leaning towards 45 on the sides, 35 in the back, 75 on the windshield and pano (still debating the need for this one)

The more I'm learning about tint, the more I'm interested in getting the best clarity out of the the film. I'm really concerned about being annoyed looking through tint that is too distracting....

...The more I'm learning about tint, the more I'm interested in getting the best clarity out of the the film. I'm really concerned about being annoyed looking through tint that is too distracting....
Yup. Beyond the legality (and possible future insurance claim challenge) points of tint on the windshield, I want absolute clarity and zero reduction in brightness during the dark hours. Even with my Photosync on the sides and rear, there is a slight visible haze to it when I sit inside and look outside through the sides, that I know I'd abhor if I had to look through it all the time in the front. Be sure you go look at it in person as previously suggested.

Yup. Beyond the legality (and possible future insurance claim challenge) points of tint on the windshield, I want absolute clarity and zero reduction in brightness during the dark hours. Even with my Photosync on the sides and rear, there is a slight visible haze to it when I sit inside and look outside through the sides, that I know I'd abhor if I had to look through it all the time in the front. Be sure you go look at it in person as previously suggested.

I saw Photosynch 65 on a front windshield and I couldn't stand it. Hoping to find someone who's got 75 installed so I can see if I can tolerate it or not.

Guys want a good laugh. I just got a quote for $1800 to tint all the glass on my car with 3M Crystalline from a local detailer....
Wow, that is waaayyyy too expensive! My Spectra Photosync was about half that price, including Photosync 75 on the front.

Speaking of the front windshield, I haven't had any clarity issues with the tint. I'm sure it isn't perfect compared to the stock windshield, but I spend a lot of time in warmer climates so the heat reduction is worth any possible visibility degradation.

Wow, that is waaayyyy too expensive! My Spectra Photosync was about half that price, including Photosync 75 on the front.

Speaking of the front windshield, I haven't had any clarity issues with the tint. I'm sure it isn't perfect compared to the stock windshield, but I spend a lot of time in warmer climates so the heat reduction is worth any possible visibility degradation.

I know...trust me, they won't be getting my business.

What part of San Diego do you live in? Any chance I could see your tint in person? I'd really like to see how it looks on another Tesla before I pull the trigger and get it installed.