Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

need wiper blade recommendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Carl W

2008, #311 thunder gray 1.5
Oct 18, 2016
laguna beach, ca
Does anyone have a recommendation for the best wiper blades for our roadsters? With the curve of the windshield, I find that my blade doesn't contact my windshield near the blade tip until the wiper has moved some. Replacement blades I've bought can't follow the contour as well as I'd like.

21389439-CB30-4D50-81C0-F06394B8FC00.jpeg

Winters are rough on blades. I got these at harbour freight for 6.99 each, I grabbed a handful. I have replaced it once because I was feeling frivolous, but they work pretty well. I also had these on my Porsche and for the price I just swapped them every 6 months

Hi Carl, as of a few months ago you can also get them at Tesla Service Center. But I would call first just to make sure.
Hey Nak. Do you happen to know what is the brand of the ones they sell at the service center? For now, I've ordered the Bosch Icon's and will give them a try. Just curious what OEM is.

Sometimes Harbor Freight has good stuff and sometimes junk. Good to know from Xlr8 that their wipers are decent.

Oh no, harbour freight is Junk. Period. But they happened to have the wipers I put on my cayenne so I grabbed them. I actually stopped for a 12v compressor, and a tyre repair kit during my 6 day drive home. I buy things from there in order to never use them. Hence why I have 2 different tyre repair kits, 3 different chargers plus the toucans. Just to make sure I’ll never need them.

Reactions: Gabner
Does anyone have a recommendation for the best wiper blades for our roadsters? With the curve of the windshield, I find that my blade doesn't contact my windshield near the blade tip until the wiper has moved some. Replacement blades I've bought can't follow the contour as well as I'd like.
PIAA SUPER SILICONE WIPER BLADES https://www.tirerack.com/wipers/det...Model=Roadster+2.5&autoYear=2011&autoModClar= from Tire Rack. The tip will not touch the windshield when parked but otherwise work perfectly, unlike the OEM blades which have always seemed to squeak and chatter after a short time.