Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need Your Help! Getting Word Out On New Marketing/sales Program

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a new sales/marketing program I want to pitch to Tesla but I haven't been able to get a response from a single one of their official channels. I have hit the last resort of tweeting Mr. Musk but I am not a Twitter user so I have no following. It would be awesome if you could view the proposal at this blog: remotedriver.home.blog and, if you approve of the idea, retweet my tweet to Elon, here:
Alex Chaney on Twitter

I really think it could help Tesla, consumers, and the transition to clean energy. Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,
Alex Chaney

Tesla has a manufacturing & service bottleneck. It won’t make sense for them to market to new customers until they can meet the demand. The current referral system provides the precise amount of new sales with a 2 week turnaround time. More customers would mean they have to scale even faster than they already are. An even higher demand with 6 month wait times for a delivery, would result in a bad PR problem. Scaling this operation will take many more years.

Reactions: Big Earl
From what I understand from what Musk said at the investment meeting: as long as the cars and batteries are manufactured in the same continent as they are sold, the float created by delay in money going out to parts suppliers taking longer than money coming in from delivery to the customer creates the conditions where the faster the growth, the greater the profit.

Once a better more efficient system of delivering is implemented, battery supply will increase with better maxwell battery manufacturing and then and only then will Tesla want to pedal the medal with sales. My guess from off remarks from interviews with Musk is this will come close to whenever the Model Y manufacturing is scaled up. This is also the point where TSLA will start the same exponential value growth as the cars sold year over year.

Many think batteries is the bottleneck now which it kind of is. But my guess is increasing battery supply will not help much until Tesla significantly improves delivery logistics. Demand generation is still pretty far down the pike despite what the analysis who game the stock say.

Tesla has a manufacturing & service bottleneck. It won’t make sense for them to market to new customers until they can meet the demand. The current referral system provides the precise amount of new sales with a 2 week turnaround time. More customers would mean they have to scale even faster than they already are. An even higher demand with 6 month wait times for a delivery, would result in a bad PR problem. Scaling this operation will take many more years.
I agree that there is currently no demand issue but I disagree that more people wanting the vehicles would be bad PR. Getting test-drives delivered to their door would really impress people. That's good PR. Experiencing the product personally, through either program, would teach people just how much better a Tesla is than any other car. Even if they couldn't get it now, whether due to finances, availability or whatever, they could plan for it to be their next vehicle. That might prevent a lot of people from buying an ICV in ignorance and preventing the sale of more ICVs is a huge part of Tesla's mission. Some people might be upset they couldn't get the car when they want it but far more would want it whenever they can get it (see initial rollout). It would also have the other benefits I detailed: Turning public opinion from misleading media, fleshing out coverage for robo-taxis, setting expectations for future services, etc. I think it would be very positive, overall.

I have a new sales/marketing program I want to pitch to Tesla but I haven't been able to get a response from a single one of their official channels. I have hit the last resort of tweeting Mr. Musk but I am not a Twitter user so I have no following. It would be awesome if you could view the proposal at this blog: remotedriver.home.blog and, if you approve of the idea, retweet my tweet to Elon, here:
Alex Chaney on Twitter

I really think it could help Tesla, consumers, and the transition to clean energy. Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,
Alex Chaney

My GOODNESS - you are sooooo important and valuable!