Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need Your Opinion ASAP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just found a 2018 P3+ with 900 miles on it.

MSRP $68,900 (red on white)
Showroom adjustment $12,970

FSD can be removed and final price will be $49,930

I need to decide in an hour or two so that I can take delivery before federal tax credit cuts in half. I have never been interested in the performance model because of the 20 inch wheels and lowered ride height (wouldn't work in CO winters) but is this too good of a deal to pass up on? OA tells me no other model gets any incentives or price adjustments.

After taxes/fees you're probably getting a performance for the same price I paid for my LR RWD (inc. paint + 20' wheels). That seems like a great deal for a car that is destroying BMW M3s and the like. You can probably raise the suspension afterwards but I'm not a car guy so can't advise on the cost.

Build quality and condition should be your deciding factors I think. At any rate, shouldn't you have until Sunday at 11:59pm to delivery for tax credit? My delivery guy said they were anticipating deliveries until the literal last minute.

OP here, apparently it is an early built (VIN in 50k range) and actually the showroom car I sat in about a month ago. It did have some significant panel alignment issues and probably hundreds of people sit in it every day but on the upside I know that the car has no damage, scratches or dents being used a showroom car. I am really torn on this and need to decide within an hour or so to take delivery tomorrow....

OP here, apparently it is an early built (VIN in 50k range) and actually the showroom car I sat in about a month ago. It did have some significant panel alignment issues and probably hundreds of people sit in it every day but on the upside I know that the car has no damage, scratches or dents being used a showroom car. I am really torn on this and need to decide within an hour or so to take delivery tomorrow....

Panel gaps are no big deal. Easy to fix.

And the hundreds of people in it just means that someone else had the privilege of cutting one in the seat first. I’d say giving that up is worth $12k, don’t you?

Will they let you test drive it? Typically 900 miles in a demo M3P means 800 miles of testing out the acceleration. :)

Is the quoted $49,930 with or without the $3750 tax credit factored in? And we assume it has never been titled?

That same car ordered now as a 2019 with that color combo would be $62,900. You have to figure about $4-5k for the model year 2018 vs 2019 and $1-2k deduction for the mileage, little bit of tire and brake wear, etc. The paint color and interior options won't net much on a trade-in value. So, even with that factored in it looks like you are still ahead of the game.

It is not uncommon to get 20% off on a leftover ICE vehicles, which is what this sounds like the offer is. According to KBB 2018 M3P trade-in this is what I get. It looks like a fair deal and you remove a nice chunk of depreciation from the equation.

M3P.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Just found a 2018 P3+ with 900 miles on it.

MSRP $68,900 (red on white)
Showroom adjustment $12,970

FSD can be removed and final price will be $49,930

I need to decide in an hour or two so that I can take delivery before federal tax credit cuts in half. I have never been interested in the performance model because of the 20 inch wheels and lowered ride height (wouldn't work in CO winters) but is this too good of a deal to pass up on? OA tells me no other model gets any incentives or price adjustments.

If I had not purchased an LR-AWD 2 weeks ago I would be all over that deal. I asked the salesman if there was anything like that and he said that the maximum discount he could do on a showroom/testdrive car was $100.

As excited as I was, I sadly ended up passing on it for a few reasons. First and foremost it turned out that the delta between my current lease payoff and trade-in value was larger than I thought (about 3 grand) which takes the drop in tax credit out of the equation. Second it wasn't the Model 3 we wanted, 20 inch wheels and lowered sport suspension just wouldn't work for me year-round here in CO. I need 18 inch wheels, softer suspension and higher ride height/ground clearance. Hope I can find a deal (if not quite like this one) at the end of the year when my lease is up...

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr. J and Mr X