TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Need Your Pics-Multicoat Red-TSportline Turbines

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by rdlink, Aug 31, 2018.

1. rdlink

rdlink Member

Hi all. Was hoping to get some help. I am waiting on my red AWD with aero wheels that I am promptly going to sell. I am very likely going to replace them with 18" TSportline turbines. I plan on doing a matte black chrome delete to make every piece of chrome on the car disappear.

Here's my dilemma. I am having a hard time deciding between gloss black, matte black or space gray wheels. So if anyone has a red 3 on which they have put one of these three colors I would greatly appreciate it if you would post a high quality pic of your car, so I can get real world idea of what each wheel will look like.

Thanks in advance.

2. Rob D

Rob D Member

Fellow Coloradan planning on doing the same. I noticed that TSportline has a number of red pics if you scroll down on the page.

3. rdlink

rdlink Member

Thanks. Yeah, unfortunately they don't have any pics of the matte black. That's okay. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on Saturday.

4. Rob D

Rob D Member

Sorry, hard to keep up on all the messages around here. I'm probably going to get the brilliant silver for a similar look to the stock 19 and 20s.

I'm planning on putting snow tires like Blizzak WS80s (if they make this size) or X-Ices on the stock 18s and then put Pilot Sport A/S 3+ on these new wheels. I'd like to go with the Pilot Sport 4s but with the 40 deg F min operating temperature, it would limit use in late fall and early spring when temps fall below freezing at night. I like to minimize the miles I put on the winter tires due to the increased road noise and softer handling.

Did you opt for the TPMS for +$300 from TSportline? Any idea what Telsa charges for them? Or if they are a common part we can get anywhere?

5. rdlink

rdlink Member

No worries. I appreciate the help.

I didn’t buy any TPMS, because I plan on using the tires and TPMS that came with the stock wheels. I don’t plan on running winter tires. I never have in 22 years of living in CO, and I’m not about to start storing them and dealing with it now. :)

Tire Rack has TPMS that work on the Model 3 for $260, FYI.

6. motoxfreak

motoxfreak Member

I know, its my model S and not a model 3, but I did gloss powder coated wheels and gloss black chrome delete. Sorry its not a 3.

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  7. rdlink

rdlink Member

Sweet ride. Thanks!

8. Abstrakt1

Abstrakt1 Member

post pics when you get them on I imagine they will look amazing but would love to see them.

9. Trail Runner

Trail Runner Member

I will be getting my 18in T Sportline turbine space grey Wheels mounted on the day of delivery 9/11 and will share pictures