TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Need2Speed Noble M12

Discussion in 'Cars and Transportation' started by TEG, Aug 20, 2008.

1. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#1 TEG, Aug 20, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
    On page 9 of this presentation, in the "OEM Partner Study" they show a bunch of chassis originally considered for the Roadster including the K1 Attack, Ariel Atom (now Wrightspeed X1), and the Noble M12.

The Noble M12 is this one:
    [​IMG]

When I was driving up El Camino (past the MP Tesla store) a while back I saw a "badass" car parked in their parking lot, and recognized it as a Noble M12.
    It was in fact this one:
    [​IMG]

At quick glance I thought it might be a Tesla with all sorts of wings added on. The license plate looked like "NO2SPED" which for a moment thought it meant that it had drivetrain 1.5 ("no 2 speed" transmission), then reality set in and I realized it was a "gasser" and "NO2SPED" was probably "ND2SPED" or something like that as an abbreviation for "Need To Speed".

Some googling shows that the owner of the car owns "Need 2 Speed" indoor karting!
    OK, so I gotta give Boris a virtual high 5 here. He runs an electric go-kart track, owns an awesome Noble M12 and is apparently shopping for a Tesla!

By the way, I had been dreaming of a bay area business opportunity for a while now (before knowing about "Need 2 Speed"), and since I don't think I will ever find the time & motivation to follow it up, I will toss it out here now:

Since "SpeedRing" closed, the south peninsula could use a new indoor kart track, and it should be electric. No fumes indoors. No range issues as you are always near a charger. 100% torque at 0 RPMs is perfect there. Anyways, I had been dreaming of having such a placed called "eRacer". If someone else builds the place I would certainly be a customer!

2. Kevin Harney

Kevin Harney Active Member

Now that is a SCHWEET ride !!!

3. domenick

domenick Nerd

There are some sweet electric karts on the market. Be nice if you could put Tesla body kits on them.[​IMG]

4. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Hmmm... branding opportunity - "Mini Tesla kart racing".

5. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#5 TEG, Aug 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016

6. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

The Noble cars are now reborn as Rossioncars

Rossion Q1
    Performance
    0-60mph: 3.3 seconds (est)
    0-100mph: 8.0 seconds (est)
    1/4 mile: 11.4 seconds at 123+ mph